Author Topic: Painting on marley floor  (Read 16596 times)

ScooterSM

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: SMA
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Painting on marley floor
« Reply #15 on: Jul 20, 2007, 03:28 pm »
I appreciate all of the excellent ideas!!  I am going to do a couple of test patches, and then let the  two artistic directors (theatre/dance) battle it out.

I will let you know if I find something that works well...

Thank you!!!!!!

SSM
“I've never been paid a lot, but the theatre has kept me, and for that I shall be eternally grateful.” Tony Church

ScooterSM

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: SMA
« Reply #16 on: Nov 03, 2007, 11:55 pm »
Update....

So I actually found something that worked, although I do not want to make any assumptions that it would work on every floor or situation, just as a caveat...

Plaid brand Dimensional Fabric Paint stayed on the floor through rehearsals, didn't come off with water, and then peeled off/came off with a green scrub pad and a little rubbing alcohol.  It comes it about 20 colors, and wasn't that expensive.

Not as good as spike tape, but worked pretty well.

Thank you for all of the ideas!!!

SSM  :)
“I've never been paid a lot, but the theatre has kept me, and for that I shall be eternally grateful.” Tony Church

joifyssh

• Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sep 17, 2013, 04:21 am »
This is an additional query, I have just taken over from a previous technician and our Marley has been painted green, grey etc I think symbolising roads and hills etc. Does anyone have any advice for removing the paint or will the damage to the Marley be worse than painting it black again. Neither is an ideal solution really but I see no opportunity to get more Marley I the near future and it seems a waste to get rid of it.

Any bright ideas?

riotous