Author Topic: Notebook for Mac  (Read 6544 times)

SMJorge

• Contributor
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
Notebook for Mac
« on: Mar 21, 2007, 02:24 am »
So I was just reading about this software called Notebook for Mac. Has anyone used this before? If it works the way it looks, it would be a great way to have an electronic "book" with the tabs and everything. Any thoughts?

Mac Calder

• Plan for the future, live for the now
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Live Performance Australia / Media Arts and Entertainment Alliance
  • Current Gig: Technical Director
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: Notebook for Mac
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2007, 04:09 am »
Can't say I have heard about it, HOWEVER: Word 2004 (the latest Word for OSX) has "notebook" as one of the layouts, which has tabs, which I have thought of using for organising paperwork, although I have never gotten round to it.

ORTaurean

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2007, 03:21 pm »
I like using notebook in Microsoft office for Mac.  I use it to take notes for each department during production meetings.  Then I change the style back to page view and it prints my chosen header and separates each department on a page.

If you're going to share with a PC user, make sure you take it out of Notebook style, could cause problems...

What software are you talking about SMJorge?
Acting is standing up naked and turning around very slowly.
-Rosiland Russell

ORTaurean

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2007, 03:25 pm »
I just found out what this is - Circus Ponies-notebook 2.0 Mac Os.  It is similar software to Microsoft's notebook feature in Word.  If you ave Microsoft Word or Office, I wouldn't spend $40 for it.
Acting is standing up naked and turning around very slowly.
-Rosiland Russell

SMJorge

• Contributor
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2007, 02:45 am »
I downloaded the demo version and have been using it today. It is actually a really nifty app. I know that word has a notebook version, however it's not the same. Or at least not that I am aware of. With this app I can truly make an electronic version of a prompt book with tabs, all of my rehearsal reports in one place, contact info, etc., etc. The only downside if anything is that in order to be able to do that, it has to be pdf, but since macs have a built in pdf converter, not a big deal... We'll see how I like it as the show progresses.

kjdiehl

• Permanent Resident
  • The Turtle Moves.
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
« Reply #5 on: Apr 05, 2007, 11:52 am »
Notebooks seems to get good, reputable reviews. I'll be interested to hear what you make of it. Anyone else using it? It really does look like it may be a great app for stage managers.
-Kris Diehl, AEA SM

"Somewhere in the city there's a stage manager waiting,
standing in the shadows with a clipboard in hand..."