Author Topic: Holiday SM Gifts  (Read 25331 times)

BLee

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
    • BrandyLee Hatcher, SM
  • Affiliations: University of California-Irvine, Graduate SM, Class of '13
  • Current Gig: Assistant Stage Manager at Disneyland Resorts
  • Experience: College/Graduate
Re: Gifts!
« Reply #45 on: Dec 10, 2010, 03:26 pm »
I was pleased to discover that after mentioning my intention to get myself an ipad over the summer that my family has decided to jump the gun for me. Although I am still contributing massively to the endeavor, my military grandfather used his base to get a tax free 64 wifi-3G ipad. Just in time to start my next gig. :-)

....And curtain down on that idea. So originally I was planning to wait until next August to purchase the ipad, but my family was excited to help me. They went out and bought the thing and two weeks later the rumor mill goes rampant telling consumers to wait because the new ipad is now in production for an April release. Grrr...so the ipad is going back and I will have the honor of waiting for the new release. So much for my holidays (but at least I found it out before I opened the ipad just in time for the value to tank).
XX. The only valid excuse for missing one's cue is death.
-Proverb from the Techie Bible.

babens

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA/AGMA/SMA
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Gifts!
« Reply #46 on: Dec 11, 2010, 01:49 pm »
Just for future thought, I read an article recently talking about how Apple products (especially iPhones) have really retained value as new versions come out.  Go on ebay and you can still find 1st/2nd generation iPhones selling for a decent price, and 3G/3GS going for close to full price.  The article expected that the iPad will probably follow in much the same manner.

valence

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Experience: College/Graduate
Re: Holiday SM Gifts
« Reply #47 on: Dec 16, 2010, 06:45 pm »
Like a lot of you, I suppose, I love office supplies, especially clipboards, and I am known among my theatre/non-theatre friends for using a clipboard for everything.  Always having a clipboard means that I've used them as frisbees or baseball bases in the summer and, in the winter....as a shield in a snowball fight.  Which led to one of my friends sending me this: http://www.ballisticsystemsco.com/products, a bulletproof clipboard.

...if I had $30 to kill, I'd buy that as a joke for one of my SM friends, but alas, I do not...

KMC

• View Profile
  • Current Gig: Project Manager, Systems Integration
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: Holiday SM Gifts
« Reply #48 on: Dec 16, 2010, 07:30 pm »
Like a lot of you, I suppose, I love office supplies, especially clipboards, and I am known among my theatre/non-theatre friends for using a clipboard for everything.  Always having a clipboard means that I've used them as frisbees or baseball bases in the summer and, in the winter....as a shield in a snowball fight.  Which led to one of my friends sending me this: http://www.ballisticsystemsco.com/products, a bulletproof clipboard.

...if I had $30 to kill, I'd buy that as a joke for one of my SM friends, but alas, I do not...

Wow, that is awesome!  I would love to buy that for an old TD/Automation friend of mine, that guy went through clipboards like SMs go through cough drops.
Get action. Do things; be sane; don’t fritter away your time; create, act, take a place wherever you are and be somebody; get action. -T. Roosevelt

riotous