Author Topic: Eartec headsets  (Read 11418 times)

zayit shachor

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
    • http://thankyouten.blogspot.com
Eartec headsets
« on: May 31, 2008, 04:20 pm »
Has anyone ever used any of the wireless headset systems that are sold by Eartec (www.eartec.com)?  I know that Digicom is pretty high-quality, but what about the other two systems - Simultalk and the TD904 series?  Any info anyone can provide about the reliability and durability of these products would be great.  My theater is in desperate need of a new wireless headset system, but can't afford Clearcom, and even Digicom is a stretch, so...

Thanks all!

zayit shachor

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
    • http://thankyouten.blogspot.com
Re: Eartec headsets
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2008, 03:38 pm »
Thanks, that's extremely helpful!

BlantonRK

• Contributor
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: Glimmerglass Opera
  • Experience: Professional
« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2008, 05:58 pm »
I own the Eartec Cyber headset and LOVE it for most applications. There are some times when it is difficult to hear, such as having an opera singer singing beside you, but for cueing at the tech table all day there is nothing I'd rather have.

CRVerdusco

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: SMA, USITT, IATSE
« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2009, 11:52 pm »
I own 3 different eartec headsets and have recommended them to theaters that have since bought systems and continue to be happy with them.

One of the biggest advantages for me has been the fact that they will make the headset however I want it.  I have one that allows me to be on a 2-way radio and on clearcom from the same headset, very useful sometimes.

NomieRae

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA, Adelphi University
« Reply #4 on: Oct 07, 2009, 12:43 pm »
I own the Eartec Cyber headset and LOVE it for most applications. There are some times when it is difficult to hear, such as having an opera singer singing beside you, but for cueing at the tech table all day there is nothing I'd rather have.

I also have an Eartec cyber and I think it's the best thing I've ever bought myself. For the louder shows that I do (or when I'm not in a booth) I usually revert back to a single muff or a double muff headset...but the cyber is amazing ;) I even have LD's always asking me where I got my headset.
--Naomi
"First, I honor life, and with it my life in theatre." -- Jacques Burdick

Techguy

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Current Gig: Les Mis 25th Anniversary Tour
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2009, 04:00 pm »
I own 3 different eartec headsets and have recommended them to theaters that have since bought systems and continue to be happy with them.

One of the biggest advantages for me has been the fact that they will make the headset however I want it.  I have one that allows me to be on a 2-way radio and on clearcom from the same headset, very useful sometimes.

I like this idea of being able to be on both.  Do they list that option on their site?  If so where?  I would love to pick one up that works for both 2 ways and clearcoms....
Mitchell Hodges
Stage Manager

CRVerdusco

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Oct 29, 2009, 03:21 pm »
It's not listed on their website, when you call you can ask them for it.  They also have features like being able to have program feed go through the the headset.

TechGal

• Contributor
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: IATSE
« Reply #7 on: Oct 30, 2009, 04:15 pm »

I also have an Eartec cyber and I think it's the best thing I've ever bought myself. For the louder shows that I do (or when I'm not in a booth) I usually revert back to a single muff or a double muff headset...but the cyber is amazing ;) I even have LD's always asking me where I got my headset.

I've been wanting to buy my own lightweight headset for a while because I hate the heavy ones that seem to come standard with most of the clear com systems I come in contact with.  I was comparing the Eartec Cyber with the Eartec Slimline Single and wondered if any of you have used both and what you preferred.  I'd definitely rather the lightweight Cyber but I'm usually working/calling from backstage and was wondering if I'd hear better with the Slimline Single.  Any recommendations?

CRVerdusco

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Oct 31, 2009, 12:30 pm »
I have both the cyber and the slimline single, I have used both for different types of situations.  I would have to say that for the shows that I've had to call from backstage it has been helpful to have the slimline single; the cyber has worked great for tech tables and FOH calling.  I did notice that they have a new headset, the eclipse,  which is similar to the clear com lightweight headset.

I guess my advice would be to figure out where you plan on using it more if it's backstage then the slimline is probably the headset for you.  I will mention that when I bought my headset the cyber wasn't that expensive and part of the reason why I ended up with multiple types

BlantonRK

• Contributor
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: Glimmerglass Opera
« Reply #9 on: Nov 05, 2009, 11:24 pm »
These are some of the most reasonably priced headsets around. Don't be afraid to make an investment in yourself and your comfort!

Techguy

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Current Gig: Les Mis 25th Anniversary Tour
« Reply #10 on: Nov 13, 2009, 01:49 pm »
Thanks Richard!  I think I will definitely pick one of these up now....
Mitchell Hodges
Stage Manager