Author Topic: Business Cards  (Read 16316 times)

smejs

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, AGMA, SMA, USITT
  • Current Gig: Freelance SM in Denver
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Business Cards
« Reply #15 on: Feb 20, 2008, 06:58 pm »
It's almost surely the closest to free you'll find.

I'm still not quite sure why you'd really want free cards, if you're handing these out for business purposes.  The $5 to remove from Vistaprint, if that's correct, really does sound worth it.  I choose to go "cheaper" rather than "free", by printing them myself...plus I can print simply how many I need by printing them myself (in case I should change my mind what I want on them or move, which I do tend quite frequently....heck, I'm using checks from something like 4 residences ago still).

Erin

jmc

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Feb 20, 2008, 10:32 pm »
I agree Erin & to the piont of not bothering with these genericly designed free cards, which are printed on a cheap GSM card, that are not much heavier than paper.
I seem to have collected a lot of these lately & unless I write down the details straight away, they end up in the rubbish nin. Unlike better quality cards that I will  for future reference.
These days it easier to print out your own, as suggested. Or even have them produced by a Printer, which is about the same cost as a restaurant dinner, buying booze for a party or getting the odd latest toy gadget.
"Quality is remembered, long afyer the price is forgotten!".
Tio Tio Chookas
{May you always play to a full house}
'Hear the light & see the sound'

Baz

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: CAEA, BAEA, ACTRA
  • Experience: Professional
« Reply #17 on: Feb 21, 2008, 09:36 pm »
Name
Professional Affiliations

Address
(hey, I'm giving out a card as a business gesture, not as a drunken pickup)

Phone
Email

And a headshot
(visual reminder always helpful)

Formatted by myself, printed on gloss stock business cards - white, no graphics. I'm the SM, not the Production Designer or the person responsible for Program layout.

SM'ing since God was a child.

chops

• Contributor
  • My tie got caught in an arbor today
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Feb 21, 2008, 09:42 pm »
When I was doing my own business cards I found a graphic designer and traded out some tickets to a show for a card design.  Then I just emailed it to Kinkos and had them print out a few.  The best part was that I had the PDF and could change the text as needed.  But I would not recomend putting down your home address.  You never know where your cards will end up.  And if you only have a cell phone and you put that down as the phone number on you card make sure you answer it in a respectable manor.
Peace,

Chops

riotous