Author Topic: Article: How to manage time on an irregular schedule  (Read 3635 times)

SMMeade

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Current Gig: Asst. Company Manager, HVSF
  • Experience: Professional
Article: How to manage time on an irregular schedule
« on: Jul 22, 2014, 08:38 pm »
Because a lot of us are juggling highly variable schedules and multiple gigs, I thought this article was very interesting and helpful. I particularly liked "maximize the effectiveness of your naps."

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-manage-your-time-on-a-chaotic-irregular-schedul-1608866502

freakofmusic

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: Article: How to manage time on an irregular schedule
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2014, 09:45 pm »
I think for me the biggest thing I've found is prioritizing when tasks pile up.  I don't agree with the 'task-switching' notion.  I think if you have three things that need to be done in the next fifteen minutes, you should prioritize which one is the most important and go until you get it done.  This is assuming that all three tasks can actually be done in fifteen minutes.  If they can't, then it sounds like you already backed yourself up and you're too late, or you need to delegate some work out until you have time to focus on and approve each individual task.

miriamrochford

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Article: How to manage time on an irregular schedule
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2014, 12:27 pm »
I particularly liked "maximize the effectiveness of your naps."

I read somewhere that NASA determined that the best time period for a nap is exactly 26 minutes.
Work until your idols become your rivals.

riotous