Author Topic: Android Phone Apps  (Read 12455 times)

freakofmusic

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: Android Phone Apps
« Reply #15 on: Sep 21, 2014, 09:26 pm »
newbielink:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cerealport.tools.timecalls [nonactive]

There's an app called Time Calls that can do your pre-show calls automatically as long as everyone is okay with texting.  I've used it on a couple of small tours cause most of the actors tend to be on their phones all the time anyway.  They wouldn't always hear me yell a call through the door if they had music playing, but a text message (especially to everyone at the same time) always got their attention.  There's a manual mode which is basically a glorified group message, but it lets you save your shows, adjust for minutes holding if there's a problem at front of house etc.  But the automatic mode is what's awesome. The app calls it "true-time" and after you put your show time in, it automatically sends the calls to the cast/crew exactly at the time specified, even if the app is closed and your phone's screen is off.  I can't tell you how many times this has come in handy after dealing with ushers or the foh manager or a stage problem and forgetting to give a call.  My phone just does it and even helps keep me on time because it vibrates when a call is sent.  Anyway just my two cents.