Author Topic: Flashlights?  (Read 11808 times)

LizzG

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: First National Tour
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Flashlights?
« Reply #15 on: Sep 24, 2011, 04:12 pm »
Just got a new Maglite - the XL200, and it's pretty darn nifty!  Lots of different setting, which I won't really use for the most part, but the coolest thing about it is the way that you can dim the flashlight just by holding onto the button and turning your hand!

The rest of my crew are big fans of surefires, but I don't really want to spend that much when I can get a flashlight of similar quality for much cheaper.  I'm also not a fan of not being able to use regular batteries.

cyda13

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Southeastern Louisiana University, APO
  • Current Gig: All My Sons with SLU Theatre
  • Experience: College/Graduate
« Reply #16 on: Sep 25, 2011, 04:43 pm »
I have a mini mag that I use when the show is actually running. For rehearsals and everything else I use the teslaLED app on my droid.
Cy
SM All My Sons
I personally would like to bring a tortoise onto the stage, turn it into a racehorse, then into a hat, a song, a dragon and a fountain of water. One can dare anything in the theatre and it is the place where one dares the least. -Ionesco

BARussell

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: Assistant to the Producers at Goodspeed Musicals
« Reply #17 on: Oct 07, 2011, 10:05 am »
So the director wanted to rehearse a scene with flashlights, we needed one more so I let her borrow my baby (seen below) for some reason she gave that to an actor, and 10 minutes later he came over and grabbed another flashlight. I asked him where the other one was he said "umm not sure" I explained it was a $40 flashlight and he found it in 2 seconds.
"We don't negotiate with weirdos!"

Cherie B. Tay

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Oct 08, 2011, 12:47 am »
Just got a new Maglite - the XL200, and it's pretty darn nifty!  Lots of different setting, which I won't really use for the most part, but the coolest thing about it is the way that you can dim the flashlight just by holding onto the button and turning your hand!

The rest of my crew are big fans of surefires, but I don't really want to spend that much when I can get a flashlight of similar quality for much cheaper.  I'm also not a fan of not being able to use regular batteries.

I love mine! The strobe function is pretty fun too.