Author Topic: Unofficial Equity Member groups on Facebook  (Read 2432 times)

Beatr79

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
Unofficial Equity Member groups on Facebook
« on: Nov 12, 2015, 09:23 pm »
To those of you not already aware, there are now 2 unofficial Facebook groups for Equity members.  These were created by individuals and are not vetted or managed by Equity.  But many councillors and elected officers are present in the conversations.

1. The Actors Equity Under 40 group
2. The Actors Equity Discussion (for all members)

The second group was created in part as a reaction to the Under 40 group as some folks don't appreciate the exclusivity of a Young Members group.  At this point, the admins of both groups are working together, and sometimes offering duplicate posts to get a conservation happening in both places.

There have been a few SM specific threads: one about the use of the ASM/Actor contract, another about the duties of the SM (I was disappointed that this thread didn't generate more actor responses.  I'd love to hear what they understand our job to be).

The thread that has gotten the most traction and responses is the question of OT for SMs.  I haven't had time to read through all of the thread yet, but wanted to let the community over here know about it.
Modify message