Author Topic: New LORT Media Rules  (Read 2911 times)

Sarah

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Noises Off
  • Experience: Professional
New LORT Media Rules
« on: Nov 12, 2010, 07:07 pm »
Soooo, there are a lot of new media rules in the most recent LORT rulebook (Rule 35, pg. 29), a lot of which are radical departures from past rules. There is an incomplete sentence in one of the clauses, 35(D)(1), both in the hard copy and online. Has anyone from the forum asked or needed to ask AEA about the missing information? Just curious because...

I'm trying to figure out if I can video more than once a week to capture footage for production work.  E(1)(a) states that there is no time limit on the capture of rehearsal or performance, but an earlier rule regarding footage intended for broadcast states you can only film up to four hours and only one day per week. We are not currently in rep so there is only one show in rehearsal.

Thanks, forum!

RuthNY

• BTDT Editors
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA Eastern Region Stage Manager Councilor
  • Current Gig: ALABASTER
  • Experience: Professional
Re: New LORT Media Rules
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2010, 09:45 am »
Please call the LORT Business Rep. in your region with this question, and let us know the answer!

Soooo, there are a lot of new media rules in the most recent LORT rulebook (Rule 35, pg. 29), a lot of which are radical departures from past rules. There is an incomplete sentence in one of the clauses, 35(D)(1), both in the hard copy and online. Has anyone from the forum asked or needed to ask AEA about the missing information? Just curious because...

I'm trying to figure out if I can video more than once a week to capture footage for production work.  E(1)(a) states that there is no time limit on the capture of rehearsal or performance, but an earlier rule regarding footage intended for broadcast states you can only film up to four hours and only one day per week. We are not currently in rep so there is only one show in rehearsal.

Thanks, forum!
"Be fair with others, but then keep after them until they're fair with you."
--Alan Alda

riotous