Author Topic: LORT D Schedule Question  (Read 3557 times)

theatrechic

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Experience: Professional
LORT D Schedule Question
« on: Mar 16, 2016, 06:07 pm »
Quick question for the smart people on here. 

As a reference,  I am working on a LORT contract right now.  Heres my question:  After a show has opened,  how much notice do the actors need to be given about a rehearsal being held? This was not on a calendar as it is not something that was planned for and is a bit of an emergency situation.   I can't find anything that is specific to this situation.  All I could find is that the actors must be given 12 hours notice of the span of each rehearsal day.  Would that count here as well? 

Thanks so much for your help!!   

loebtmc

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SAG, AFTRA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Caroling, caroling now we go — and looking for my next gig!
Re: LORT D Schedule Question
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2016, 07:41 pm »
Ruth E is the expert, but if I recall correctly, as long as they know before curtain down the day before and as long as they get a full turnaround that allows the hour-and-a-half before half-hour, you are ok.

RuthNY

• BTDT Editors
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA Eastern Region Stage Manager Councilor
  • Current Gig: ALABASTER
Re: LORT D Schedule Question
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2016, 10:14 am »
If it's a true emergency, you call the actors and they come to rehearsal if they can, regardless of notice, and then the Deputy and Business Rep. hash out the payment issue. But in an emergency, like an actor being out, I have rehearsed with just a couple of hours notice. Mantra: check with the Rep.

Quick question for the smart people on here. 

As a reference,  I am working on a LORT contract right now.  Heres my question:  After a show has opened,  how much notice do the actors need to be given about a rehearsal being held? This was not on a calendar as it is not something that was planned for and is a bit of an emergency situation.   I can't find anything that is specific to this situation.  All I could find is that the actors must be given 12 hours notice of the span of each rehearsal day.  Would that count here as well? 

Thanks so much for your help!!
"Be fair with others, but then keep after them until they're fair with you."
--Alan Alda