Author Topic: Is there a standard Percentage?  (Read 4579 times)

Scott (formerly Digga)

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
    • Scott Pomerico
  • Affiliations: Actors Equity Association, Stage Manager's Association, Alpha Psi Omega
  • Current Gig: TheaterWorks Hartford
  • Experience: Professional
Is there a standard Percentage?
« on: Mar 17, 2008, 12:17 pm »
I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a standard percentage that Stage Manager's made over Actors in the AEA minimums? 

nmno

Re: Is there a standard Percentage?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2008, 01:37 pm »
Just looking at the variances between the LORT catagories it appears not: LORT A looks like SM looks to make 44% more than actor; on a C, only about 20%.  I think it's interesting that the difference of the ASM makes a huge jump for A/B+, compared to on B, C, D where it seems to be more a token difference...
Anyway one-in-the-know who can enlighten us on the formula?

MatthewShiner

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Freelance Stage Manager; Faculty for UMKC
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2008, 02:09 pm »
I don't think there was ever a set formula, but something negotiated on a per contract basis . . . it would be interesting for those who were in on negotiations to see where the amount over actors came from.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anything posted here as in my own personal opinion, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of my employer - whomever they be at a given moment in time.

Scott (formerly Digga)

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
    • Scott Pomerico
  • Affiliations: Actors Equity Association, Stage Manager's Association, Alpha Psi Omega
  • Current Gig: TheaterWorks Hartford
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2008, 04:07 pm »
Yeah those were the same figures I was coming up with on the LORT contract too.  I was just wondering if I was mistaken or reading something wrong somewhere. 

VSM

• View Profile
    • http://www.vernonwillet.com
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: PSM - Laguna Playhouse
« Reply #4 on: Apr 04, 2008, 09:33 pm »
Don't know for sure the history but I expect something like since the allowable SM hours on most contracts are more than the actors, the salary is higher. We all know we put in hours and don't report them, perhaps this was a way to protect those who under-report...?

I know when negotiating LOA's to many agreements, we, the AEA committees, set the ratio at 20% higher for SM's and10% for the ASM.
Ordo ab chao

riotous