Author Topic: Help? (Seeking contact info for AEA Rep Eastern Region)  (Read 3980 times)

Ellen B.

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
What is the name/ phone number/email for the Eastern Region Business Rep?  I tried calling the number for the NY office but it asks me to enter the name of the person that I'm calling and I don't know who the proper contact person is. 

I feel silly asking this but I'm a very new member of AEA and am still trying to learn the proper way to do things.  I did try sending an email to the Business Rep through the Equity website and am still waiting for a response from that.

My upcoming contract is a Special Appearance contract and I am trying to determine what rulebook I will be operating under so that I can begin studying it and answering a few questions that the director has.  For my current show the rulebook was sent to the theatre with my SM packet a few weeks before rehearsals began.  However, for this next show (at a different theatre) I was told that I need to contact Equity about the rulebook.

My most pressing question is whether it is possible for a rehearsal to be held with union actors (also Special Appearance) without the stage manager present.  There is one day that I must miss due to a prior commitment (which I hate but it cannot be avoided and the director agreed to it).  It is a span of three hours.  I believe the answer is that he can only rehearse with the non-union actors if I am not there, but I want to look this up.
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2007, 03:02 am by PSMKay »

VSM

• View Profile
    • http://www.vernonwillet.com
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: PSM - Laguna Playhouse
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Help?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2007, 11:39 am »
According to the records I have, a gentleman named Marc Kochanski handles SPECIAL APPEARANCE. If you have trouble getting through to him or he is not the one, try getting in touch with Kathy Mercado or Senior Business Rep, Rick Berg. I called the NY office just yesterday and experienced the same thing - I don't know who I need to talk to and without that name, I talk to the machine!

General number is
212-869-8530

Hope this helps...
VSM
Ordo ab chao

Ellen B.

• New to Town
    • View Profile
Re: Help?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2007, 02:37 pm »
Thanks, I will try these people.  For my pressing questions, I spoke with the woman I know who has been their Special Appearance stage manager in the past.

Ellen B.

• New to Town
    • View Profile
Re: Help? (Seeking contact info for AEA Rep Eastern Region)
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2007, 02:29 pm »
The name of the proper rep for my situation is Gisela Valenzuela.  I tried calling again and was able to get connected to her through an operator.