Author Topic: SMA - Annual Meeting with Teleconference this year.  (Read 2916 times)

smejs

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, AGMA, SMA, USITT
  • Current Gig: Freelance SM in Denver
  • Experience: Professional
SMA Members should have already received this info by email (several times, in fact!), but just to let everyone know, we're having our first ever teleconference so that our entire membership has the opportunity to participate.  Members, please refer to your e-mail for info on how to call in.  And if you're attending in person, please RSVP to Cheryl by Sunday - and bring along your election ballot if you haven't already turned it in.  If you wish to participate in an amendment discussion (whether in person or via teleconference) please email Margie.

Erin
Co-Secretary, SMA
--
Dear SMA Member,

Now is the time to RSVP for the Tuesday May 22nd Annual Meeting taking place in the AEA Council Room 165 West 46th Street, NYC, 10036 at 2:30 in the afternoon.  Light refreshments of sandwiches and soft drinks, juice and water will be served.

Please pay attention to the RSVP instructions as they are a little different this time:

To RSVP that you will attend in person:
Contact Cheryl Mintz at cmintz AT mccarter.org by Sunday May 20th.  Put [SMA RSVP] in the subject line.  Thank you.

Please RSVP even if you think you might attend, so the proper amount of food can be ordered.

If you wish to participate in the discussion of the amendments, regardless of whether you are calling into the meeting or attending in person, please contact Margie Price at margiepriceaea AT gmail.com to be included on the speakers list. Put [SMA SPEAKERS LIST] in the subject line and specify if you have a question or a comment about an amendment and specify which amendment.

In addition to the speaker's list created in advance, we will pause briefly after every discussion to take new names for the speaker's list.  This way everyone will be assured of being recognized without creating chaos.

Other information for members calling in:
The Executive Board, and the tele-conference managers at Actors' Equity, strongly suggest that regional members plan to get together and call in from a speakerphone, because the more call-ins, the greater the chance of background noise.  It would also be helpful if you know how to mute your phone so that the local noise/sounds will not carry to the conference call until you wish to speak.
The Council Room is a roomy space and we have a place for all  who can make the trip to New York City.   To those who cannot attend in person, we appreciate your consideration of all the rules we have to create in order to make this tele-conference a success.  This is an exciting new chapter we are beginning. 

MarcieA

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, AGMA, SMA
  • Current Gig: PSM, Lake George Dinner Theatre/Tri Cities Opera
  • Experience: Professional
Re: SMA - Annual Meeting with Teleconference this year.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 09:31 pm »
I know Margie! I ASMed a show for her.

That's all I had to say.
Companions whom I loved and still love, tell them my song.