Author Topic: What does it take to get an answer from the site administrator?  (Read 2123 times)

jcpollard

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Surflight Theatre, Beach Haven, NJ
  • Experience: Professional
Three times now I have asked to have my VERY outdated resume updated or removed, and still I receive no response, yet it seems that the site admin has time to do other postings and not reply to simple requests.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
"All my life I wanted to be someone. I see now I should have been more specific."  Jane Wagner & Lily Tomlin

nmno

My thoughts?... 

Kay maintains this site because she has a soft-spot for stage managers (she herself no longer works in theatre, but recognizes the importance/value of this site for SMs, especially the new/up-and-comers.)  She spends a great amount of UNPAID time maintaining the site, supervising board moderators, creating thoughtful discussions for new and experienced SMs and providing a place where we can seek answers and support. I'm sorry that you didn't receive the swift response that you expected.  Heaven forbid this site omit your extensive experience at Smith & Hawkins (2008-09) or such artistic productions as "High Hair and Jalapenos" (2009-present)...

Hopefully Kay will find time to remove your resume, as well as your site permissions, in a timely manner.  I'm sure your contribution to this site - which, with the exception of this post and your resume (which I sense was posted for self-serving purposes) totals ZERO - will not be missed.

PSMKay

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.smnetwork.org
  • Affiliations: None.
  • Current Gig: SMNetwork *is* my production.
  • Experience: Former SM
Mr. Pollard - it takes a private message through the board PM system, as opposed to a temper tantrum in a public forum.  I just found one single email from you, dating back to July 11, but I had to rummage through last week's spam bin to find it.  Given the prominent posting of my email address all over this site I receive close to 9,000 pieces of spam email each week.  However, I do personally respond to every single PM I receive, as well as any and all emails that come through to my inbox regarding this site - normally within 24 hrs of receiving them.

Your resume has been removed.  Due to this outburst, I have also taken the liberty of removing your account.  Individuals with your attitude are not welcome here.  Our staff, including me, are made up entirely of volunteers.  In my case, running this site is not only voluntary but expensive.  I personally do not even work in stage management anymore and have not since 2003,  Between my current job and my own new company, I am either away from my computer or working on developing websites for paying clients nearly 120 hrs per week.

The resume browser was never intended as a means of advertising your career.  It is a reference source for other stage managers looking for pointers on formatting their own resumes.  This is why all resumes in the browser are BLOCKED from search engines and why the resume browser remains password protected with access granted only to registered members.

Thank you for keeping your resume in the database as a reference for other stage managers for as long as you did.  As for the rest of your behavior, I think that leaving this post as public and very visible to search engines should serve as a decent warning to folks trying to find you by name.