Author Topic: Summer projects  (Read 7403 times)

BeckyGG

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Summer projects
« Reply #15 on: Jul 14, 2010, 09:53 am »
I did something that was a little scary to me this summer ... I actually booked a vacation and made the decision to turn-down work that would interfere if it wasn't a big enough contract.  Over the winter I found amazing airfare to Peru and decided to just do it!

So, my husband and I went to Peru for a week and it was amazing.  And I did turn down a few small contracts, but I know that this was the right decision.

If you ever get a chance, Peru is a beautiful country and the people are wonderful!
CHAOS: Where Brilliant Dreams Are Born
Before the beginning of great brilliance, there must be Chaos
Before a brilliant person begins something great, they must look foolish to the crowd.

Scott

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jul 14, 2010, 11:55 am »
Yeah, but I'd bet a buck you hedged your bets and took a top-notch master electrician with you...just in case  8)

BayAreaSM

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
    • Bay Area SM
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Current Gig: VP, Operations in AV Events
  • Experience: Professional
« Reply #17 on: Jul 14, 2010, 09:08 pm »
I've spent most of my summer unemployed, though I do have a Workshop gig at the top of August. I've enjoyed traveling to Germany for 2 weeks in June, and volunteering at a ballet kid's camp, as well as being more social and active in my community. I've joined a group of Golden Retriever lovers and have been to 2 meet-ups so far; I'm part of the SF Bay Area AEA Aids Walk Team and will be doing that this weekend. I've also spent time helping build furniture and pillows for a friend's restaurant that is due to open in about 2 weeks.

I must say, for being unemployed, I've been extremely busy! But I look forward to my Workshop and getting back to work at the Ballet, whenever the Admins figure out when I am supposed to return! It's really hard to accept a gig or even look for one when your long-term SM job can't give you an exact start date. :P