Author Topic: SMASH - the TV series  (Read 26001 times)

BARussell

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: Assistant to the Producers at Goodspeed Musicals
  • Experience: Professional
Re: SMASH - the TV series
« Reply #60 on: Feb 06, 2013, 10:03 am »
"Please, for the love of God, don't shoot it like that. We will get so much flak."

If only some more people had said that when filming  the first season.....
"We don't negotiate with weirdos!"

NomieRae

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA, Adelphi University
« Reply #61 on: Feb 06, 2013, 08:56 pm »
Love the interview - can't wait to see what she alludes to as far as 'stage manager breakdown.'

The show itself feels like it had way too many 'insider' nudges in the two hours last night... name dropping, cameos, etc. Fun and whatnot for the NYC theater folk, but not sure if the rest of the country appreciates the references.

... although I did see it was a record low in ratings last night, so maybe NYC is the only demographic watching?
--Naomi
"First, I honor life, and with it my life in theatre." -- Jacques Burdick

missliz

• Superstar!
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
  • Affiliations: AEA
« Reply #62 on: Feb 07, 2013, 03:06 pm »
Love the interview - can't wait to see what she alludes to as far as 'stage manager breakdown.'

The show itself feels like it had way too many 'insider' nudges in the two hours last night... name dropping, cameos, etc. Fun and whatnot for the NYC theater folk, but not sure if the rest of the country appreciates the references.

... although I did see it was a record low in ratings last night, so maybe NYC is the only demographic watching?

Moving from Monday nights to Tuesdays probably cut down on the theater folk who are able to watch the show, too.
I personally would like to bring a tortoise onto the stage, turn it into a racehorse, then into a hat, a song, a dragon and a fountain of water. One can dare anything in the theatre and it is the place where one dares the least. -Ionesco

babens

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA/AGMA/SMA
« Reply #63 on: Feb 07, 2013, 03:53 pm »
I'm also going to go out on a limb and say the Betty White birthday special (which I think may have even been a repeat) was just not as strong a choice as a lead in as The Voice was last year.