Author Topic: Smallest Audience Size  (Read 7349 times)

ejsmith3130

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: EMC
  • Current Gig: Coordinating a Move to Napaskiak AK- Harder than any show I've ever done!
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Smallest Audience Size
« Reply #15 on: Nov 09, 2012, 06:26 pm »
I had 4 really dedicated audience memebers sit through shakespeare in an outdoor setting one summer in a downpour. Our rain location was unavailable that night and it was disasterous.

Although that summer didn't see to many audience memebers anyway due to ridiculously high priced tickets for small scale outdoor performances.

Kelasaurus

• Contributor
  • Live, Laugh, Love
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: CAEA
  • Current Gig: Getting my feet wet in the industry
« Reply #16 on: Nov 21, 2012, 01:30 am »
I've done a show for 3 audience in a 60 seat house.  It was a pretty poorly attended run, I think our biggest audience in two weeks was 20 (that was on closing).  It was a cast of 8, so I felt genuinely bad for our actors going out and acting their butts off for 4 and 5 people.
‎"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
- Walt Disney

SMdrum

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: Resident SM at Matrix Theatre Company
« Reply #17 on: Nov 21, 2012, 11:59 am »
The director of a children's show at my university added a matinee performance so some of her students could attend the show for class.  Only 3 students attended the show in a 524 seat theatre. 

riotous