Author Topic: Hell in a Handbag (A Game for Stage Managers)  (Read 32651 times)

StageSerenity

• New to Town
  • I guess all roads DO lead to the SM booth...
    • View Profile
    • My Journey Through Life With Theatre
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Hell in a Handbag (A Game for Stage Managers)
« Reply #60 on: Dec 29, 2012, 11:54 am »
NEW NOTE: Lois will shave Connie's head completely, in full view of the audience, during the hair salon scene at the end of Act 1.

MERGE:
What time period is the play set? How is the hair being shaved? Will the actor playing Connie allow her real hair to be shaved? What about the actor playing Lois, is she comfortable shaving hair? Does it HAVE to be in full view of the audience?? Can we re-stage to allow some stage "magic"?

NEW NOTE:
The actor playing Jo severely ill and cannot make it. Her understudy is in a different production at the time of the shows (she did tell us ahead of time).
Grant me the **Serenity**
to accept the things that I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the Wisdom to hide those people...

On_Headset

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Experience: College/Graduate
« Reply #61 on: Feb 03, 2013, 04:50 pm »
If he booked us an understudy who's working elsewhere during the show, our incompetent #$%$# of a production manager can put on a wig and play the part himself. Inform wardrobe that we'll need the high heels changed to a slightly larger size. For the sake of efficiency, we'll use a corset rather than re-sewing the costumes, and I'll personally lace him into it before every performance. Please inform Grand and Toy that the bulk shipment of stress balls will no longer be required.

And tell the musical director not to worry: I'll make sure he can hit the high notes.

NEW NOTE:
Peter Kilman-Strauss ("Bottom") is demanding that his 12-year-old daughter, Maribel Stacey Hunter Amber Bambi Maryland Reagan Olivier Kilman-Strauss-Wagner-Gruber, be cast as a sprite or he'll walk.

MSHABMROKSWG is allergic to nylon, cotton, sawdust, feathers, body paint, lycra, burlap, sunlight and the colour green.

What do we do?

iamchristuffin

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
    • www.christuffin.co.uk
  • Affiliations: UK SMA, UK Equity
  • Experience: Professional
« Reply #62 on: Feb 03, 2013, 08:19 pm »
NEW NOTE:
Peter Kilman-Strauss ("Bottom") is demanding that his 12-year-old daughter, Maribel Stacey Hunter Amber Bambi Maryland Reagan Olivier Kilman-Strauss-Wagner-Gruber, be cast as a sprite or he'll walk.

MSHABMROKSWG is allergic to nylon, cotton, sawdust, feathers, body paint, lycra, burlap, sunlight and the colour green.

What do we do?

Re-cast Bottom.

NEW NOTE:
The director has asked for an exploding 8' wide chandelier onstage, and he would like to hear the 'tinkle' as the crystal hits the floor. After previous bad experiences, he will not accept any sound effects.
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2013, 08:21 pm by iamchristuffin »

On_Headset

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Apr 22, 2013, 11:11 pm »
Could we persuade a local synagogue or an old-school Greek Orthodox church to donate their wedding leavings to us? All those broken plates and glasses would be perfect: bundle them into a burlap sack or a fine cheesecloth, plonk that bundle into a plexiglas or plastic chandelier, and you'd get a lovely tinkle as the whole mess hits the floor without any debris or risk of injury.

NEW NOTE: In scene 627c, de Sade will now urinate all over Marat. This cannot be simulated.

EustaceSM

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Jul 03, 2016, 08:03 am »
Is the actor also aiming for any parts of Marat's costume?
Where does Sarade urinate? Upstage? Downstage? Stage left? Stage right?
What direction is Sarade facing when he is in the middle of the action?
How long would the act of urinating be?
Would we need to make sure we have plenty of water for him prior to this scene?
What color should the urine be? bloody? transparent? greenish?