Author Topic: DC actor Frank Britton  (Read 2204 times)

Maribeth

• Superstar!
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Experience: Former SM
DC actor Frank Britton
« on: May 28, 2014, 09:25 pm »
Hi all,

I wouldn't normally make this kind of appeal, but this is a special person who means a lot to the DC theatre community. Actor Frank Britton was assaulted and robbed on his way home from the theatre on the opening night of The Last Days of Judas Iscariot. He has been in the hospital since late Monday night, and will likely need multiple surgeries to repair damage to his face.

He does not have health insurance, and is likely to have a hefty hospital bill. There are a lot of people here in DC looking out for him and working on taking care of his medical bills in various ways- one of which is a fundraising website. They've raised an incredible amount of money in a short time, but any little bit will help, so here's the link. If you are so inclined, please consider donating a few dollars.

I thank you for any help you are able to give. Sincerely,

Maribeth
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2014, 09:48 am by Maribeth »

shkspr

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Shakespeare Theatre Company, Arena Stage, The Theatre Lab School of Dramatic Arts, Urban Arias, Adventure Theatre, Synetic Theater, Forum Theater
  • Current Gig: The Hub Theatre, Production Manager
  • Experience: Professional
Re: DC actor Frank Britton
« Reply #1 on: Jun 01, 2014, 11:40 pm »
I was warmed that Frank's plight is on the main page of the forum. The news has spread across the country and was picked up by a variety of news sources. The initial goal was to raise $3,000 and just yesterday the fund went over the $50,000 mark! Some doctors have offered to provide their services at no cost to Frank. Frank is home now and will need additional surgeries to repair his injuries.

Last night I closed a show here in DC and the actors and crew wanted to get a gift for our directors (a mother daughter team). I suggested that we donate to the fund in the names of the directors and when we told them that the cast & crew donated $350 in their names, they were brought to tears. The outpouring of love and support for Frank has been tremendous. There is now a Googledoc for people to sign up to visit and bring food to him. If you care to keep up with this story, there is a Facebook page "Friends of Frank Britton".

Cake or Death? ah, cake please...

dallas10086

• View Profile
  • Current Gig: Freelance PSM; currently Charlotte Squawks 12
  • Experience: Professional
Re: DC actor Frank Britton
« Reply #2 on: Jun 05, 2014, 04:01 pm »
Theatre communities rallying around one of their own - this makes me so happy to hear.