Author Topic: Any Ideas on how to get over a break up with someone you work with?  (Read 2481 times)

wshstheater

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: Oklahoma
  • Experience: High School
Recently I have broken up with my boyfriend who does the lighting at my high school also. We both are located from the same booth during tech weeks and before have not really had any boundaries during tech week. He was one of the only people that I knew that was able to help me with my stress during a stressful tech week. I'm worried now about pushing boundaries during a tech week? Any ideas/ previous things that have worked?

missliz

• Superstar!
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Experience: Professional
I'm currently working with a guy I dated for a year and a half (set designer/occasional TD). I don't know the circumstances of your breakup, but ours was pretty amiable. Basically, in rehearsal/tech I knew I was there to do my job first and foremost...it kept me from worrying about him, a great distraction, and the focus was necessary! Otherwise, I had a few close friends who were involved in the production as well, so they were always there to grab coffee during a break or get dinner if I needed to get out of the room and talk.

I know high school is a bit different, but keep your chin up and your brain focused on your show and it'll definitely help.
I personally would like to bring a tortoise onto the stage, turn it into a racehorse, then into a hat, a song, a dragon and a fountain of water. One can dare anything in the theatre and it is the place where one dares the least. -Ionesco

riotous