Author Topic: Slightly Nervous, Advice and Words of Wisdom Please?  (Read 10423 times)

crazychicksj

Re: Slightly Nervous, Advice and Words of Wisdom Please?
« Reply #15 on: Sep 18, 2008, 08:46 pm »
She knew she wasn't getting paid and when she found that there was a possibility I might be she dropped the show, I found out she picked up another one in the same company. The joke is on both of us however because the department just announced that due to cutbacks none of the SMs are getting stipends this year. Doesn't bother me really because I am getting extra course units free, but I can tell she's a little mad.

And the best possible thing did finally happen! A friend in the department decided he's like to try out ASMing and started last night. We're about to go into tech and he's very excited to learn how a show works from backstage. His enthusiasm reminds me why I loved ASMing when I first started. So I guess things worked out. It's definitely a plus to be working with someone who just wants to learn how to do theatre during the most stressful part of the process.

Thanks for the advice and opinions everyone, I definitely kept it in mind this week when things got stressful.  :)

KMC

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: Project Manager, Systems Integration
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: Slightly Nervous, Advice and Words of Wisdom Please?
« Reply #16 on: Sep 19, 2008, 09:04 am »
Glad to see the situation was resolved!  Let us know how tech goes  :)
Get action. Do things; be sane; don’t fritter away your time; create, act, take a place wherever you are and be somebody; get action. -T. Roosevelt

riotous