Author Topic: Sample Production Analysis?  (Read 9290 times)

mca

• New to Town
    • View Profile
Sample Production Analysis?
« on: Mar 03, 2007, 12:55 pm »
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to show me a sample production analysis. I am currently working on mine, and i just want to make sure that I am doing it correctly. Do you normally do page by page or scene by scene? In the cast/costume column, should I indicate entrances/exits of the various characters? If they are on throughout several pages, should I just indicate it on the first page that they enter, and leave the column blank for the next pages (until they enter again later in the play?) As was suggested last time, I think that I will only indicate props as they are mentioned for the first time in a given scene, but I'll list it again in a later scene if it comes up. I just want to make sure that I make this document the most helpful that it can be.

Thanks!

Jessie_K

• Superstar!
    • View Profile
    • International Stage Manager of Mystery
  • Affiliations: AEA, AGMA, SMA (on leave)
  • Current Gig: Queen of the Night
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Sample Production Analysis?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2007, 01:04 pm »
Check out the uploaded forms section of this site.  There are several versions of production breakdowns/ scene breakdowns.

I tend to tailor my breakdowns to the specific play and company I am working for.  If the play is a 3 character 1 location play, I might do a simpler scene by scene breakdown.  But, for example, I did Serious Money which has 50+ characters and 50+ scenes, for that I had to do a page by page breakdown.

What play are you doing?   Is it one we might know?

But there is no "right" way to do it.  As long as you and your team can find the appropriate information easily, that's really what matters.

mca

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2007, 01:13 pm »
Thank you for your response!
I only found one sample form, but I'll look again.

We're doing The Miracle Worker, which is fairly complex (different locations, props galore, and a decent sized cast.)I am mainly going to use this as a starting point for props.

Daz

• New to Town
    • View Profile
    • Random Ramblings
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2007, 07:05 pm »
If you would like I can send you a copy of the one I created for a class assignment for Spike Heels.  It's pretty basic, and doesn't have entrances, etc because we were doing those breakdowns seprately, but you can use it as a reference if you would like.

Also, there is no right or wrong way, just whatever is most efficient and helpful for you.

Good luck with it!
*Aude Sapere*
*Nosce te Ipsum*

If I could read your mind, I wouldn't need the headset

mca

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2007, 07:21 pm »
If you would like I can send you a copy of the one I created for a class assignment for Spike Heels.  It's pretty basic, and doesn't have entrances, etc because we were doing those breakdowns seprately, but you can use it as a reference if you would like.

Also, there is no right or wrong way, just whatever is most efficient and helpful for you.

Good luck with it!
I'd love a sample. Thanks! Do you just want to email it to me? My address is in my profile.

Tempest

• Permanent Resident
  • Learn to love chaos, then tame it.
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: The Center For Puppetry Arts
  • Experience: Professional
« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2007, 12:41 pm »
Here's the one I did for our productin of Almost, Maine.  It's fairly simple because of the structure of the show, but the basic idea can be adapted as much as you need.
Jessica: "Of course I have a metric size 4 dinglehopper in my kit!  Who do you think I am?"

mca

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2007, 01:12 am »
Thank you so much!

riotous