Author Topic: Prompt Book  (Read 5957 times)

babyfunkymonkey

• New to Town
    • View Profile
Prompt Book
« on: Sep 12, 2007, 01:56 am »
Okay... so what all goes in a prompt book exactly? I know this is possibly the dumbest question ever asked on the boards, but all I have so far is my script, contact info, and character/scene breakdowns... Prop lists? Anyone have any examples of papers I need for my prompt book?

PSMKay

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.smnetwork.org
  • Affiliations: None.
  • Current Gig: SMNetwork *is* my production.
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: Prompt Book
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2007, 03:12 am »
Have you checked through the Uploaded Forms section of the forums?  There's a lot of examples there to help get you started.

Of course, bear in mind that many of the items there are for very advanced productions and professional work, but there's a lot there that applies for even the most rudimentary shows.

ReyYaySM

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Current Gig: Freelance
  • Experience: Professional
« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 2007, 07:58 am »
I would check out this thread on Books and Tabs.  It has examples of how different people organize their prompt books. 

Best of luck to you!!

SMSamone

• New to Town
  • If the Simpsons ever need a SM, I'm ready.
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 2007, 04:57 pm »
There are several books available at Barnes & Noble - some specifically for Stage Managers, others like general stagecraft probably have a section on stage management.

For quick advice, look around the table at your next production meeting.  Every department should have it's own section in your book (set, costumes, lights, sound/music, etc...)

riotous