Author Topic: Paperwork: Production Analysis Question  (Read 3807 times)

mca

• New to Town
    • View Profile
Paperwork: Production Analysis Question
« on: Sep 18, 2006, 02:01 am »
I am currently putting together a production analysis (page by page..the scenes are too long to do it by scene) and certain props are referenced multiple times within a few pages in the script. Should I list them multiple times in my props column of my analysis? What I have been doing so far is putting everything that is referenced per page into the appropriate column. That way when I go to do my prop plot and other paperwork later I have the most information to be working with. Any opinions?
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2008, 12:51 pm by PSMKay »

fuzzy_7

• Contributor
  • Hooray for Beer!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Production Analysis Question
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2006, 02:07 am »
Once for each page is plenty unless you are dealing with multiple items. In that case just put:

Notebook (2)   Pg. 64

Derek
Derek A. Fuzzell

loebtmc

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SAG, AFTRA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Caroling, caroling now we go — and looking for my next gig!
  • Experience: Professional
« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2006, 01:35 pm »
Unless I am not understanding your qq, a prop list simply needs to state who brings it ON and who brings it OFF - you don't need to list its every mention in between, since business will be developed by the actors and director during rehearsal and may not match the script  - and besides, I don't care.....other than noting if there is behavior that will require doubles for later in the play or multiples cuz it gets broken nightly.

mca

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2006, 08:15 pm »
Thank you for your help :)

KC_SM_0807

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2006, 12:10 am »
I have a Script Notes sheet that I use for every page of my blocking script that lists all blocking, costumes, and props.  What I do is list the prop on the pages that it is used, then indicate that it is also used in another scene or on another page.  I then make a comprehensive props list with all the props in the show, ad then make another props list/breakdown which is broken down by Act/Scene and who carries it on and offstage.  For the breakdown, I do list a single prop multiple times by scene.  Someone new could be bringing the prop on or off in a different scene, and you must indicate those changes.  Therefore, it is helpful to have down every time it is used so that you can indicate these types of things in a breakdown.  If you are just making a comprehensive props list for all the props in the show, then listing it just one time is sufficient.
"Perhaps, therefore, Stage Managers not only need to be calm and meticulous professionals who know their craft, but masochists who feel pride in rising above impossible odds."

riotous