Author Topic: How do you get into a national tour?  (Read 3719 times)

brookelynn87

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Experience: Professional
How do you get into a national tour?
« on: Apr 14, 2010, 10:08 pm »
I've been interested in doing ANYTHING for a national tour, but i can't figure out for the life of me how to get started or in contact with someone... Anyone know anything?

Candy0081

• Contributor
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: National Tour
Re: How do you get into a national tour?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2010, 11:35 am »
Brookelynn--

Great question.  I am on my third national tour and the third company in three years.  I sent my resume what felt like a million times before I got hired. 

It isn't always easy to get on a tour.  I found the best thing to do is to send your resume.  There are quite a few companies that tour I'd start with, NetWorks Presentations, Phoenix Entertainment, Trokia, Big League and Work Light Productions.  Most of those company do non equity work,  but they occasionally do equity work.  Another thing to try is to shadow a show when it comes through town.  Or if a tour happens to be doing their technical rehearsals in your city being a PA for them is also a great way to make connections.   A lot of this hiring is based on who you know and being in the right place at the right time. 

Best of luck! 

brookelynn87

• Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2010, 08:59 pm »
Thank you so much!!

Dre2387

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: The Girl From Nashville, EBE Ensemble, NYC
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 08:13 pm »
I'm interested in sending my resume to Columbia Artists Theatricals/Music Theatre Assoc.   Whose the best person to email it to?  The associate contact manager?  The production associate?  The vice-president or the president?  or should I just send my resume in by snail mail?

Thanks.
Andrea

riotous