Author Topic: Need to convince my father that this is a good career.  (Read 8797 times)

smsam

• Contributor
    • View Profile
  • Experience: College/Graduate
Re: Need to convince my father that this is a good career.
« Reply #15 on: Feb 27, 2007, 01:26 pm »
I would personally advise against overshadowing the news with something worse!

When my parents found out that I was gay it certainly wasn't the right time to drop any other "bomb-shells" on them! They were coming to terms with one at a time!

Be careful...

Sam x
Sam x

TheatreLover

• Tourist
    • View Profile
    • Hayley's Piczo Site
Re: Need to convince my father that this is a good career.
« Reply #16 on: Mar 17, 2007, 03:30 pm »
I'm quite lucky compared to a few people. My mum and dad have always known I've had a deep interest in drama, and it helps that my older brother is a director-in-the-making :P He might even end up in a film school in London next year because he's been recommended, so I'm really happy for him. Hey, I might even get good contacts through him so it's quite handy :) He said I could be his tech. person, lol. My dad approves because he knows the actual people at the college I'm applying for and says the the people on the course (including the teacher) I'm applying for this year in September are really nice. My mum just personally wants me to be happy so she's fine with it all. So it's quite nice I don't have parents that are trying to push me into pursuing a "rich" career. Which would be nice, but not fun enough and I wouldn't be at all happy. If I can pay the rent, bills, buy food, etc. then I'm fine :) Although my parents are refusing to put me into sixth form which I was considering, but not any more. It's because I've had a tough time at high school and they just want to put me in new surroundings and make a fresh start.

H x

riotous