Author Topic: Contact Info?  (Read 3500 times)

insertweirdusernamehere

• Tourist
    • View Profile
Contact Info?
« on: Jan 31, 2010, 06:17 pm »
I'm a student in Dallas, TX working my way up the tech theatre chain, but I have one little problem.
I'm used to going to downtown Dallas and seeing the load ins and load outs of Mary Poppins,Wicked, ect. Then one day it occurred to me, Why not see a concert load in/ set up? So I looked around and found the SM for the Black Eyed Peas. Problem is I couldn't find a work phone or a work email to contact him to ask if we can see the set up. The people at the performance arena told me I have to contact someone within the BEPs and ask them if my Productions Class (8 students) and I can see the set up. Any advice?

iamchristuffin

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
    • www.christuffin.co.uk
  • Affiliations: UK SMA, UK Equity
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Contact Info?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2010, 07:43 am »
It's a long shot, but you could try email/ringing the Promoters and explaining your situation, and see what they suggest.

Chris

MatthewShiner

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Freelance Stage Manager; Faculty for UMKC
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2010, 12:25 pm »
Trying contact the venue they are currently at, and try to contact them there . . . before they get into town.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anything posted here as in my own personal opinion, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of my employer - whomever they be at a given moment in time.

cprted

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2010, 01:53 pm »
If you want to see an arena load-in up close and personal, why not contact the crewing company for the venue and get hired to work the call?

insertweirdusernamehere

• Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2010, 11:53 pm »
Wow, thank you! I didn't think of those ideas! I'll try them out asap! but I doubt on the crew company because I'm only 16

riotous