Author Topic: Business Cards For Students  (Read 13600 times)

BayAreaSM

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
    • Bay Area SM
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Current Gig: VP, Operations in AV Events
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Business Cards For Students
« Reply #15 on: Aug 19, 2011, 08:03 pm »
Do SMs not make Wallet Cards anymore?

I do.....I haven't added the performance calendar though - that's a nice touch!

Chris

Maribeth has an example with the calendar backside in Uploaded Forms: http://smnetwork.org/forum/index.php/topic,1096.0.html

Though I build mine in Excel. If you're using the badge size laminates, it's easy to cut mine apart, set them back to back then laminate. I'll see if I can find my last version and upload it soon.

Maribeth

• Superstar!
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Experience: Former SM
« Reply #16 on: Aug 19, 2011, 09:50 pm »
Do SMs not make Wallet Cards anymore?
I do.....I haven't added the performance calendar though - that's a nice touch!
Chris
Maribeth has an example with the calendar backside in Uploaded Forms: http://smnetwork.org/forum/index.php/topic,1096.0.html

Though I build mine in Excel.

I still use them! I may have switched to an Excel format since then.....It makes it so easy to line up the columns for performance dates and times.

You know, I had business cards from Vistaprint at one point. They looked fine, they were businesslike, clear, and functional, and no one ever commented on the Vistaprint logo on the back. I got them when I was a student, and they served their purpose. I might go a different route today, but for free business cards, they looked pretty good. I didn't have any problems with junk mail or telemarketers.

Bwoodbury

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
    • bridgetwoodbury.com
  • Affiliations: AEA, AGMA
  • Current Gig: Freelance SM
« Reply #17 on: Aug 19, 2011, 11:45 pm »
I order my cards from vistaprint and they haven't included the vistaprint logo on the back in about 4 years or so. I don't think it's even an option anymore. It's worth checking out!

SMdrum

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: Resident SM at Matrix Theatre Company
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 07:15 pm »
I just ordered the free business cards from Vista Print.  It was only $1.99 to get a blank backside on the cards.

dallas10086

• Superstar!
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: Freelance PSM; currently Charlotte Squawks 12
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 01:26 am »
I just got a batch of 100 minicards from Moo.com and I'm in love with them. They're two-sided and they have one of seven designs in the front (a black background with white lettering that says 'left is right,' 'right is left,' 'out is up,' etc) and my information on the back. I've handed out a handful and they've gotten great responses. They're just different enough and clever enough to be memorable without inducing groans and eye rolling.

I think for my next batch I'll include a QR code linking to my LinkedIn.com page.