Author Topic: Book and Tabs  (Read 18994 times)

blaha_haha

• New to Town
    • View Profile
Re: Book and Tabs
« Reply #15 on: Feb 17, 2007, 08:37 pm »
I have:
-Act 1
-Act 2
-Songs
-Notes
-Contact Info
-Calendars
-Tech Set
-Tech Props
-Tech costumes
-Tech Hair and Make up
-Tech LIghts
- Tech Sound
-Publicity

shatbox

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: IATSE
« Reply #16 on: Mar 03, 2007, 01:55 am »
Ok, here it goes. I have added a few things of my own to everyone else's posts to create the ultimate 48 volume prompt book. Go buy your five inch binders now!
Here it is folks in no real order...

Cast List
Cast Contact Info
Rehearsal Schedule
Music Rehearsal Schedule
Performance Schedule
Cast Medical Info
Production Calendar
Production Team Contact Info
Scene Breakdown
French Scenes
Score
Blocking
   Act 1
   Act 2
Pre-Show Checklist
Prompt Script
   Act 1
   Act 2
Electrics
Flight
Grips
Automation
Projection
Props
Audio
Set
Wardrobe
Production Management Notes
Rehearsal Reports
Sign-In Sheets
Performance Reports
House Reports
Running Crew Contacts
Band Contact Info
Production Meetings Notes
Auditions
Expenses (submitted and pending)
Run Sheets
Accident Reports
Director Handouts
Director Memos
Misc. Memos
Company Rules
AEA Duties of the Actor
AEA Contracts & Riders
AEA Hazardous Duties Contracts
LORT Rulebook
AEA Other

This topic is done. If anyone wants me I'll be outside having a smoke.
Seek those with standards and meet them. Exceed them. Move forward. Set the standard.
iacosta@phillytheatreco.com

birdie4113

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Mar 03, 2007, 09:44 am »
I also type the scenes (or arias/songs, or acts, or whatever dramatic division makes most sense) on regular paper formatted into little 1/2"x1" flags. I then trim these flags and attach them to the script/score pages using scotch tape. These usually run down the right side of my book.

I do this as well, but I put each scene on a different color of constructions paper.  That way the pages of the script will be easier to turn individually and I have each scene color coded so I can find it easier.  I started that in college and it was great because no other notebook could be confused with my bible.  It was too colorful to be somebody else's.
Bridget

UCFZac

• Tourist
    • View Profile
    • Zac Alfson
  • Affiliations: University of Central Florida
« Reply #18 on: Oct 07, 2007, 09:38 am »
As the back cover of my book, and also in a page protector taped to the table, desk, or wherever I'm calling the show, I like to put a copy of my emergency announcements. 
There is nothing worse in an emergency, while trying to evacuate the space, keep your cast and crew safe and make sure the house manager can do their job calmly and hoping the audience remains level-headed then having to come up with and potentially bumble through an emergency announcement on VOG.  I haven't had to use them yet, but it definitely makes me more comfortable knowing they're right there.

Sarah

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Noises Off
  • Experience: Professional
« Reply #19 on: Oct 07, 2007, 12:46 pm »
I use only 16 tabs for a straight play; I've found that for me, this is sufficient. If there is paperwork stored under a tab that needs further classification or there is a multi-page document under a tab, I use stickies on the side or paper clips at the top of the page(s) to keep them grouped together. I no longer use a tab titled "Contact" because I put all my contact sheets in sheet protectors at the front of my book and, if there are many I use these to dentote differences and also to demarcate acts and scenes within the script. I don't trust stickies to stay put in the most heavily-trafficked portion of my book.

This is how I order them:

CALENDAR      
BREAKDOWNS
SCHEDULE
ACTOR INFO
REHEARSAL REPORTS         
PRODUCTION MEETING MINUTES         
PERFORMANCE REPORTS
SIGN IN SHEETS         
SCENIC      
LIGHTING       
SOUND      
COSTUMES      
PROPS
SHIFT SHEETS      
MISC            
BOOK

The first 8 tabs are mostly administrative/performance and the last 8 are geared toward production. I always keep my script in the back of the book. I also use a piece of sturdy cardboard, such as the one that comes in the package of divider tabs that keeps them flat and un-crunched during handling. It's glossy on one side so I use that side up at the end of my script. This way, the pages don't get stuck in the back pockets or create friction with the plastic and get all wrinkly. I hate that. Wrinkly pages...my standard binder is a 2.5" D-ring. I will never, never, never go back to O-rings.

zayit shachor

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
    • http://thankyouten.blogspot.com
« Reply #20 on: Oct 07, 2007, 10:44 pm »

I found some zip binder covers by Mead in their Five-Star First Gear series.  It came with a removable 3-ring binder on a plastic backing.  I removed that, and was able to slip in my own full binder, so that I can interchange binders between shows.

Erin, what a fabulous idea!  That way you can keep your office supplies the same from show to show, and only the paperwork changes.  Genius!

riotous