Author Topic: BFA SM Students or Students who entered college knowing they wanted to be a SM  (Read 8623 times)

ciquinn23

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: EMC, SMA
  • Current Gig: Gypsy - Williams Street Rep - PSM
  • Experience: Professional
I came to high school wanting to be a stage manager and I have continued through that to now.  I'm graduating from college this May and pursuing opportunities in Stage Management.

Kelasaurus

• Contributor
  • Live, Laugh, Love
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: CAEA
  • Current Gig: Getting my feet wet in the industry
  • Experience: Professional
I have wanted to be a stage manager since I was in 10th grade.  I did a year long generalized apprenticeship at a professional company in my city for my first year out of high school before beginning post-secondary.  In this apprenticeship, students work in all departments, including: props, marketing, play development and stage management.  I wanted to be an SM going into the apprenticeship, and I had heard that most apprentices changed their minds during the season.  Not me, if anything, I am more committed to being an SM for the rest of my life.  I am now a second year university student and SMing a school tour.
‎"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
- Walt Disney

brdwayluver

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Experience: College/Graduate
I wanted to be a stage manager since high school.  I went to college specializing in stage manager.  Once I graduated I decided to not be a stage manager, took a year off and now just stage manage a community theater production here and there.

riotous