Author Topic: WORK/LIFE BALANCE: Dealing with stress  (Read 17413 times)

BalletPSM

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Current Gig: Stage Management Faculty at Baylor University
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Dealing with stress
« Reply #30 on: Feb 11, 2007, 11:38 am »
Insert Quote
I'm very sad to hear that story.
For me, the mantra about 'no one dying' doesn't relate to non-accidental deaths.
I just meant that no one will die because the actor doesn't hit his mark 3" SL. No one will die because the sofa is mauve and not eggplant.
Things like that.
You just have to keep it in perspective - and remembering that an elderly woman passed away doing no doubt something she loved, and enjoying her life until the very last backstage minute, that is also a gift. And shoud remind us to enjoy every minute.

Well spoken, my friend!  =)
Stage managing is getting to do everything your mom told you not to do - read in the dark, sit too close to the TV, and play with the light switches!

OldeWolf

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: USITT, SMA
Re: Dealing with stress
« Reply #31 on: Feb 11, 2007, 12:15 pm »
I'm very sad to hear that story.
For me, the mantra about 'no one dying' doesn't relate to non-accidental deaths.
I just meant that no one will die because the actor doesn't hit his mark 3" SL. No one will die because the sofa is mauve and not eggplant.
Things like that.
You just have to keep it in perspective - and remembering that an elderly woman passed away doing no doubt something she loved, and enjoying her life until the very last backstage minute, that is also a gift. And should remind us to enjoy every minute.

Agreed. Hard as we may strive for consistency and want to give the audience the same show every night, we're human and we're fallible. We give our best, but we don't always hit the mark. As we tell one another in my little house, "Welcome to Live Theatre."
All the world's a Stage...

riotous