Author Topic: SCENERY: Quick Question (lineset schedules)  (Read 3902 times)

Rebelsw/oapplause

• New to Town
    • View Profile
SCENERY: Quick Question (lineset schedules)
« on: Apr 02, 2009, 11:20 pm »
I was just given a lineset chart from our theatres technical director. What exactly is a lineset schedule and what does it mean when it says "track type". For example, one track type is unibeam? Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2009, 02:28 am by PSMKay »

hbelden

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2009, 12:03 am »
The lineset schedule is the description of the pieces hung on the fly rail; each rope is a "lineset".  It usually lists # of lineset, distance from proscenium, and description of the piece, i.e., Wall Drop, Electric #2, Border, Hanging Legs, etc.

I can't help you specifically with "track type - unibeam".  I suspect it has something to do with the material "unibeam" that the hanging pieces are attached to - are they sliding masking flats???
--
Heath Belden

"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right." - Sondheim
--

stagegal1

• Contributor
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Experience: Professional
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2009, 01:35 am »
Why don't you ask your TD?  I don't think it is bad for you to ask questions about the line sets, unless you've been his rigger for years...

Allison

KMC

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: Project Manager, Systems Integration
  • Experience: Former SM
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2009, 08:43 am »
Would it be this system from Rose Brand?  Looks to be a travel line that is a bit beefier than your normal travel track.  Certainly nothing wrong with asking your TD to confirm! 
Get action. Do things; be sane; don’t fritter away your time; create, act, take a place wherever you are and be somebody; get action. -T. Roosevelt

Mac Calder

• Forum Moderators
  • Plan for the future, live for the now
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Live Performance Australia / Media Arts and Entertainment Alliance
  • Current Gig: Technical Director
  • Experience: Former SM
« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2009, 10:29 am »
Unibeam is basically a cross between an I-Beam and unistrut - it has unistrut below the I-Beam, so that the standard tabs go into the unistrut, with rollers that roll along the lower plate of the i-beam - good for heavy curtains and also for motorised tabs.

Basically the track type column is there to let you know exactly what is on that lineset, because it is not too difficult to swap tracks for scaff bars, roll drops, truss, the actual set piece etc.