Author Topic: SAFETY: reporting incidents  (Read 6376 times)

mizi5620

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Experience: Professional
SAFETY: reporting incidents
« on: Jun 23, 2019, 02:05 am »
Tonight our PA had a minor medical issue that required sending him home and having someone who knew the show take his place. He has a small speaking part as well as run crew duties in the show. I felt unsure how to note this in my report tonight so I didn't divulge any sensitive information or alarm anyone. I ended up reporting it like I would an understudy stepping in by simply saying that X person went on for Y person tonight.

Curious if this is how others would do this or if you have any other insight into this.

Edited to add topic tag- Maribeth
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2019, 08:16 pm by Maribeth »

RuthNY

• BTDT Editors
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA Eastern Region Stage Manager Councilor
  • Current Gig: ALABASTER
  • Experience: Professional
Re: reporting incidents
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2019, 08:21 am »
The only additional thing I would do is send a private email to "the powers that be," with a fuller explanation.

Tonight our PA had a minor medical issue that required sending him home and having someone who knew the show take his place. He has a small speaking part as well as run crew duties in the show. I felt unsure how to note this in my report tonight so I didn't divulge any sensitive information or alarm anyone. I ended up reporting it like I would an understudy stepping in by simply saying that X person went on for Y person tonight.

Curious if this is how others would do this or if you have any other insight into this.
"Be fair with others, but then keep after them until they're fair with you."
--Alan Alda