Author Topic: INTERNATIONAL: Italy and other countries  (Read 2692 times)

Debo123

• Contributor
    • View Profile
INTERNATIONAL: Italy and other countries
« on: Aug 19, 2006, 01:13 am »
So, I am a communicatively fluent Italian speaker.
I have seen some people on here talk about having worked in other countries, including Italy.
How did people get to work in Italy? International tours? I know a little bit about what does and doesn't exist there but any info is helpful. I am hoping to get my EU citizenship at some point in the next year (through my mother), and then I'd be able to work there... but how do people get hired out there?

(I am asking about Italy because I care chiefly about Italy, although if anyone has info about other countries, it would be really interesting to find out about them too.)
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2009, 11:42 pm by PSMKay »

centaura

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Italy and other countries
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2006, 07:55 am »
I know that its nigh on impossible to get work in England if you're not a citizen - even if you've already been offered the job.  I was in London for an apprenticeship, and got offered a job by someone I had worked with.  We couldn't get it approved through the government as actual employment.  We had to work it out as a type of internship so we could keep it within my study visa, but I was only able to do that once.  I never did figure out what it would have taken if I had wanted to stay on and take other employment in the country.

If you're going to get EU citizenship, that will definitely get you started on the 'able to be employed' track.  To get your foot in the door, you might need to look up apprenticeship programs and work your way in that way.

-Centaura

riotous