Author Topic: FORM: Shoe/Clothing rental form for AEA GA contract  (Read 7164 times)

Celeste_SM

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
FORM: Shoe/Clothing rental form for AEA GA contract
« on: Aug 26, 2009, 07:39 pm »
Per the AEA Guest Artist contract, actors may (at their discretion) rent items of their personal wardrobe to the producer for use in the show. Terms are negotiated on an individual basis, depending on the number of items, length of the run, etc.  Does anybody have a form they use for this that they'd be willing to share?

I've made various informal agreements for this over the years, but I'd love to be able to give the actor a starting point, with a form where they just have to fill out their proposed rental fee.

VSM

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vernonwillet.com
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: PSM - Laguna Playhouse
  • Experience: Professional
Re: FORM: Shoe/Clothing rental form for AEA GA contract
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2009, 12:01 pm »
The GA agreement says that Equity will provide forms and conditions for rentals.
If you don't want to wait for that, I'd refer to the LORT costume rental guidelines in the back of the LORT book.
Most agreements have the guidelines, I just use LORT as I am most familiar with it.
Ordo ab chao

MatthewShiner

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: Freelance Stage Manager; Faculty for UMKC
« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2009, 12:47 am »
Any sort of agreement like that is a contractual issue, and should be dealt with by general management.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anything posted here as in my own personal opinion, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of my employer - whomever they be at a given moment in time.

Celeste_SM

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2009, 11:18 pm »
Matthew - you're saying it should be dealt with by the company, rather than the stage manager?  Just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly.

VSM - I don't see that in the GA contract, but I believe you. I'm not supposed to contact AEA, per the producer office, which would jive with what Matt is saying.

MatthewShiner

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: Freelance Stage Manager; Faculty for UMKC
« Reply #4 on: Aug 31, 2009, 04:41 am »
Yeah, I totally think it should be dealt with by the company, it becomes a contractual issue.

The theatre is the one paying for the garment, the theatre is the one who would be responsible for paying for the garment if it is lost or destroyed, and the theatre is the one would should be negotiate for the cost.  As a SM, you should get out of this, other then to make sure the costume shop and general management have agreed on the pieces to be borrowed and to follow up the rider/contract has been signed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anything posted here as in my own personal opinion, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of my employer - whomever they be at a given moment in time.

VSM

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vernonwillet.com
  • Current Gig: PSM - Laguna Playhouse
« Reply #5 on: Aug 31, 2009, 12:43 pm »
Matt ~
Agreed, agreed, agreed.
I only mentioned the LORT schedule as a point of reference.

The GA agreement says "Equity will provide." Equity intentionally leaves the GA agreement as brief as it is to foster it's use by first time producers. Perhaps you could steer your producer to the sight if they are interested...? Lots of good info there...

But yes, this is NOT your responsibility.
Ordo ab chao