Author Topic: COMMUNICATION: Rehearsal/Performance Reports  (Read 6474 times)

casper

• New to Town
    • View Profile
    • http://
COMMUNICATION: Rehearsal/Performance Reports
« on: Jan 18, 2005, 02:01 pm »
Has anyone ever had a blank rehearsal report?  I am working on Proof right now and I have had blank RR for the past week.  This has never happened to me in the past!  What information do you provide your director/production team on your reports?  

thanks!
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2009, 10:24 pm by PSMKay »

dchec2100

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Rehearsal/Performance Reports
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2005, 03:52 pm »
Haven't seen this covered here in a bit...

On occassion I have submitted a blank report, not too often though.

The one I usually use (which gets submitted to the Exec Director and Tech Director) includes the standard schedule for the day/night, attendance, department breakdowns (lighting/sound, costumes, props, etc) and office notes.

The majority of mine are usually what we still need done from whatever department.  Sometimes it's documentation of coflicts between production staff and / or actors.

Although a report I submitted for the last show I did included an encounter between me and an actor & actress doing some inappropriate things in a very dark stairwell...

MatthewShiner

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Freelance Stage Manager; Faculty for UMKC
  • Experience: Professional
blank report
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2005, 02:04 am »
um, i have never had a blank production report.  Never.  Really, nothing happened that you would want to report?  

I often find that part of my job is not only to report notes that come up in the report, but also give a sense of tone and mood of the rehearsal.  (But I am working a lot with deisgners our of town.)  I always find something to say, not alwyas for every department, but something for someone.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anything posted here as in my own personal opinion, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of my employer - whomever they be at a given moment in time.

Gina

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Current Gig: PSM- As I Remember It Tour
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2005, 10:00 am »
I've had some sparse reports but never a blank one. The top of my report is attendance date location and rehearsal log information and the lower half is reserved for notes. I usually like to keep general reminders for upcomming meetings or thank someone for going out of the way.  If there was a major blocking shift I would note it to the LD just in case. If I have nothing to say I just leave a standard "Nothing to Report, Thank You."

centaura

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2005, 09:27 am »
I have to agree that I've never had a blank rehearsal report.  But I also fall in the category of noting what we've worked on that day, so that section always has something.  There have been times when the rest of the sections are blank, but not the attendance & what did we work on sections.

-Centaura

Aerial

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: The Winter's Tale, Gamm Theatre
« Reply #5 on: Jul 23, 2005, 03:51 pm »
I've never had a completely blank rehearsal report.  At the very least, it has my work period and break period times at the top and I always put SOMETHING under general, even if it was just what scenes we accomplished in that rehearsal.   I often have reminders meetings, or reminders of something that has been discussed and promised in the departmental sections, even when I have no new notes.

riotous