Author Topic: What skills can I pick up from an internship? I have a music background.  (Read 3342 times)

reneelibra

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Austin Lyric Opera, Opera Parallele, Hidden Valley Opera, Festival Opera, Siren Project
  • Current Gig: Tosca: ASM with Austin Lyric Opera
  • Experience: Professional
Hello!

'Tis the season for applying to summer programs! I am a young stage manager who studied music in college for undergrad. Obviously, I do not have the same education as someone with a degree in theatre. For the time being, I am putting off graduate school but I am very interested in still acquiring skills to set me up for the future. My goal is to work towards being an opera stage manager, but I am not opposed to dance, circus, or musicals.  I cannot seem to find the old internship page that reviewed each for educational value. What skills are very important to pick up as you are just starting out? Also, if anyone has shout outs for awesome internships in foreign lands I am interested!

BayAreaSM

• View Profile
    • Bay Area SM
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Current Gig: VP, Operations in AV Events
  • Experience: Professional
You can find the link to the internship review but clicking the Internships link in the far upper right hand corner of the website.