Author Topic: Listing Choreographers vs Reconstructors on a resume??  (Read 7002 times)

ScooterSM

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: SMA
  • Experience: Professional
Hi-

I did a search for this, but didn't find anything, so I thought someone might be able to help...

When listing dance performances on a resume, do you list the original choreographer (ie Martha Graham), or do you list the reconstuctor that worked on the piece?

The way I have it listed now is:

Show:                     Reconstructor/Choreographer:
Night Journey           Bob Boberson/Martha Graham

This seems to work, but if I have a concert that has several pieces, it takes up quite a bit of space.  Does anyone have any other ways that have worked?

Thanks!

SSM
“I've never been paid a lot, but the theatre has kept me, and for that I shall be eternally grateful.” Tony Church

Balletdork

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Current Gig: PSM, The Human Race Theatre Company
Re: Listing Choreographers vs Reconstructors on a resume??
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2006, 10:14 am »
Yes, always list who originally choreographed it and who restaged it!

I list like this:

show                 position                             choreographer/ director                 year
The Nutcracker   Production Stage Manager    Choreographer George Balanchine     2000-2006       
                                                               Staged by Darla Hoover
Twist                Production Stage Manager     Choreographer Alan Hineline             2003
                                                               Staged by Roger Van Fleteren

ScooterSM

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2006, 09:15 pm »
Great, thanks!

Have you ever had to list multiple pieces in one concert?  I am trying to figure that one out without having a resume that is 10 pages... :)

SSM
“I've never been paid a lot, but the theatre has kept me, and for that I shall be eternally grateful.” Tony Church

Balletdork

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Current Gig: PSM, The Human Race Theatre Company
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2006, 12:33 pm »
I have listed multiple peices from the same dance concert- it does take more room so I make sure my resume is "selected works".... And at this point of my life I've got bunches of different versions of my resume all tailored where I'm sending it.

But if the only time you've worked with Daniel Shapiro and Arthur Mitchell was as part of a showcase- well, you definately still want it noted that you've worked with them. Or on their peices. Feel free to PM me with any more specific questions :)

ScooterSM

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2006, 02:49 pm »
Thank you!  That is really helpful!!!

SSM