Author Topic: why all the thumbtacked posts at the top...  (Read 7155 times)

scoot

why all the thumbtacked posts at the top...
« on: Jan 22, 2007, 01:55 pm »
ok, perhaps I'm missing it in the FAQ somewhere but why are there an ever increasing number of posts tacked to the top of this discussion board?

PSMKay

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.smnetwork.org
  • Affiliations: None.
  • Current Gig: SMNetwork *is* my production.
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: why all the thumbtacked posts at the top...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2007, 05:12 pm »
The moderators periodically go through the stats, accessible at the bottom of the site.  The most active topics get "stickied" up at the top of the forums so that they're easier for everyone to find.  Some are the most active in terms of posts, and others are the most frequently read by visitors.

nmno

« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2007, 03:11 am »
Hi scoot. 
The stickied topics were part of an effort to clean up the board a bit...  Some of those topics, like Food..., are actually several different topics that have been started, all addressing similar things.  I consolidated them and put them at the top of the board to help encourage people to add on to these topics instead of creating a new one addressing old issues.
Also, a couple like Green Room Library & Happy Stage Management Memories I think show a good example of what this board can be (and are also "positive" posts vs. complaining posts) and hope by putting them up front, will encourage like topics.

The stickied topics have actually been the same for a few months now.

Once my show gets out of previews I hope to do another cleaning...
Are the stickied topics confusing to others?  would you (not just scoot- that's a plural you) prefer that they just go back into the regular circulation?

Your mod,
nmno

scoot

« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2007, 01:05 pm »
I'm looking at all this on a laptop and just at this point, there are so many thumbtacked topics in this particular part of the board that I can't even see the "new" posts without scrolling down (esp when there are no new posts in the thumbtacked sections). Perhaps we could be more selective about using this feature?  I think a clean up would be great when you have a chance.

riotous