Author Topic: Really Good Advice ( I Think Anyway )  (Read 3401 times)

ESM_John

Really Good Advice ( I Think Anyway )
« on: Jun 29, 2006, 09:42 pm »
At the start of the next school year, i will be the Stage Manager, finally, after a lot of following, shadowing and "Umm, i have a question" times. I think it'll be really awesome, but while i was talking to the graduating SM and the director/theatre teacher, they gave me some really good advice. Now i know that most of you know this but for the few who are just staring out, here ya go.

"Each day, you walk in to rehearsal, and you just have to clear your mind. The problems you had in school, with your friends, with life, are on hold...why?, because you need 100% focussed on the task to get it done right and on schedule. Each day, when you are sitting there thinking what you should be doing, think of it this way...start with a simple goal. like, Today if all i get done is to... or , ill be happy if i leave today finishing... , then go ahead with your day. Everything you do, every break you have the actors take, every Yes or No you give out, should all try to be to get to that days goal. When you come back the next  day, set a new goal, you will always know what to do, because the goal will always be in reach. "

I dont know, it may be corny or "duh" for ya, but it really helped me get a grasp of all the work that needs to be done.

Thanks guys.  :-\

riotous