Author Topic: SOFTWARE: Does anybody know any ticket printing programs w/ numbering?  (Read 6196 times)

isha

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
    • http://
I'm looking for a program that will make tickets, (or some way do this on Microsoft word, excel, or something like that) that will number tickets for us..In the past our highschool has made the tickets on word, and then cut them out and perforated them by hand. We've never tried numbering them because we would have to print sheets of tickets off seperately (instead of pushing start on the copy machine :D )
Are there any programs out there that will do that? Or is there some key that will do that for us? we were hoping we could get the number on both the main part of ticket and the stub of the ticket

Thank you in advance for any help!
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2009, 11:00 pm by PSMKay »
~isha

Mac Calder

• Forum Moderators
  • Plan for the future, live for the now
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Live Performance Australia / Media Arts and Entertainment Alliance
  • Current Gig: Technical Director
  • Experience: Former SM
Does anybody know any ticket printing programs w/ numbering?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2006, 12:04 am »
Look at using mailmerge in word. Create an excel document with one column headed 'number' then just enter all the numbers (you can use the 'fill down' tool to auto number). Save the file. Then create a mail merge document in word (I use 'catalogue style' if it asks me. Then you just create a lone ticket, and use the merge fields drop down to insert the number. I can email you an example if you wish.

mc

Mac Calder

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Live Performance Australia / Media Arts and Entertainment Alliance
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2006, 06:51 am »
I also have this software - it is free 'shareware' and works fine but takes a lot of setting up - wintix

Debo123

• Contributor
    • View Profile
There must be some way...
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2006, 02:09 pm »
to do it. Look up autonumber in help.  Or, try typing 1. where you want the numbers to start-- the number with period tends to tip the computer off that you want to start a numbered list, and then you can go back and format it later if you dont want a period (format --> bullets and numbering). Also, MC's suggestion of a mailmerge is good - you can definitely find more info about this in Word's help menu... thouogh hopefully the numbered list thing works, but then again, does Word ever do what you want it to do when you want it to do something? :roll:
Anyhow, good luck- let us know how it works out! :-)

isha

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2006, 03:45 pm »
wow..thanks for such quick replys! I'll get this to my director and we'll see which one we can use! thank you soooooooooo much. we were getting worried. Yeah, I'll post again when we figure out which one we'll use, and how we'll work it all.
-isha
~isha

isha

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2006, 01:35 am »
mc, I Pm-ed you, but I'm thinking maybe you didn't get it...I was wondering if I could get that example from you..(using mailmerge and excel to create the numbers on the ticket) ummm...I would really like to get ahold of that if at all possible. thank you!
-isha
~isha

Mac Calder

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2006, 12:26 am »
Emailed. Sorry, was unable to access my PC to send it.

isha

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2006, 03:52 pm »
that's okay. Thank you very much for the example, this should just right, it's exactly what we needed. Thank you again!
-isha
~isha