Author Topic: SM humor: SPT 1.0 Tech Support  (Read 3938 times)

amylee

• New to Town
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/amylee1028
SM humor: SPT 1.0 Tech Support
« on: Jan 11, 2006, 11:47 am »
Small Professional Theater 1.0 Tech Support

Dear Sirs;

Last year I upgraded from Community Theater 5.0 to Small Professional Theater 1.0 and noticed that the new program began making unexpected changes. It installed something called Microsoft Stagemanager (TM) which it launches whenever rehearsal software is powered up, severely limiting access to munchies, praise, and practical joke applications that operated flawlessly under Community Theater 5.0. No mention of this phenomenon was included in the product brochure.

In addition, Stage Manager 1.0 uninstalls many other valuable programs such as Hamming 2.0, Smoking in costume 7.5, Coming and Going at will 5.6, Unlimited Comps 8.3 andBorrowing Theater's Equipment 7.3 and installs new, undesirable programs such as Schedule 3.1, Discipline 1.3, Expectations 5.0, and
Accountability 2.4. Divafit 4.1 no longer runs at all, and invariably crashes the system. Under no circumstances will it run Whining 14.1. I've tried running Attitude 5.3 to fix Stage Manager 1.0, but
this all purpose utility is of limited effectiveness. Can you help please?!!!!

Jane

Dear Jane:

This is a very common problem many actors complain about, but  is mostly due to a primary
misconception. Many people upgrade from Community Theater 5.0 to Small Professional Theater 1.0 with no idea that Community Theater 5.0 is merely an ENTERTAINMENT package for actors.

However, Small Professional Theater 1.0 is a performance   OPERATING SYSTEM and was designed by its creator to run as few applications as possible, eliminating unnecessaryroutines and delegating as many tasks as it can to the enduser in order to conserve all system resources for its own use. It is impossible to uninstall, delete, or purge the Stage Manager files from the system, once installed, as Stage Manager 1.0 rewrites your other software so that it rejects Community Theater 5.0 routines once  exposed to SM's superior methods.

Having Stage Manager 1.0 installed myself, I would suggest you  read the entire section of the owners
manual regarding General  Director Faults (GDFs). Thisis a wonderful feature of Stage  Manager 1.0, secretly installed by the parent company as an integral part of the operating system. Stage Manager
1.0 will take on ALL responsibility for ALL faults and problems, regardless of root cause, and will somehow
solve EVERYTHING. To activate this great feature enter the command C:\DIRECTOR\SCATTERED DREAMER-SENSITIVE ARTIST\CAN'T FUNCTION WITHOUT YOU

Sometimes ActorsRIdiots 6.0 or higher must be run simultaneously while entering the command. Stage
Manager 1.0 should then run the applications Organize 12.3 and Miracles 7.8.

TECH TIP! Avoid excessive use of this feature. Overuse can    create additional and more serious GDFs, and ultimately you may have to give a C:\APOLOGIZE\RAISE\PERSONAL DAY command before the
system will return to normal operations. Overuse can also cause Stage Manager 1.0 to default to
GrumpySilence 2.5, or worse yet, ArtSearch 6.0. GrumpySilence 2.5 is a very bad program that can
create Disfunctional.acting files that clog all rehearsal and performance programs and are very hard
to delete. Save yourself some trouble by following this tech tip! Just remember, the system  will run
smoothly and take the blame for all GDFs, but because of this fine feature it can only intermittently run
all the entertainment applications Community Theater 5.0 ran.

After several years of use, Stage Manager 1.0 will become familiar and you will find many valuable embedded features such as FixesBrokenThings 2.1 and Ensemble Loyalty 4.2.

A final word of caution! Do NOT, under any circumstances, install any version of MeddlesomAdministrator. This is not a supported application, and will cause selective shut down of the operating system. StageManager 1.0 will run only CurtGoingThrutheMotions and CovertArtSearch until    MeddlesomeAdministrator is uninstalled. I hope these notes have  helped. Thank you for choosing
to install Small Professional Theater 1.0 and we here at Tech Support wish you the best of luck in
coming years.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 02:35 am by nmno »
amy lee
:)  :(

kjdiehl

• Permanent Resident
  • The Turtle Moves.
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
Funniest SM humor I've seen in a while....
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2006, 09:16 pm »
Ooo! I like that one. I've had it saved on my computer for some time.

Here's a great one I just found!

http://www.theatrecrafts.com/sm_showreport.html

REAL, (and absolutely hilarious,) show reports.
-Kris Diehl, AEA SM

"Somewhere in the city there's a stage manager waiting,
standing in the shadows with a clipboard in hand..."