Author Topic: hello from your moderator! (KC's old intro thread)  (Read 26754 times)

ChaCha

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
    • http://www.performinglineswa.org.au
  • Affiliations: Media, Entertainment & Arts Alliance
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: hello from your moderator!
« Reply #15 on: Feb 01, 2007, 08:26 am »
Hey KC - congratulations on the job! Hope its all you dream!
ChaCha

allenah

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Feb 19, 2007, 01:47 pm »
Hi all!  My name is Alice (yes, like Alice in Wonderland) and I've been stage managing for 6 years (or there abouts). I'm in my junior year of college at Millsaps College in Jackson,MS.  I just finished Equus and I am about to start auditions for The Runner Stumbles.

It is so great to meet everyone!
Theatre is nothing if not spontaneous.The novel can be put away, taken up, reread.Not theatre.It keeps slipping between one's fingers.Its permanent features such as scenery, script, etc. are not more theatre than two poles of a generator are electricity.

lauralaura525

• Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Mar 30, 2007, 10:20 pm »
Hola!

I'm a sophomore at a University in Long Island (NY), studying for a B.A. in Drama Production concentration in SMing. I've been "stage managing" since junior year in high school. But back then it was more a title than any of us really knowing what we were doing.

Currently I'm SMing Reefer Madness here at the university, it's a blast! Just wanted to say hey  ;)

LisaS

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2007, 12:19 am »
Hi everyone!  I'm Lisa and I'm a sophomore at Brandeis University (right outside of Boston).  I started doing theatre when I was little but I only got into SMing since I got to college.

By the way, I'm a Spanish person too.  I wanted to minor or double major but the department makes that pretty impossible to do it unless you come in in a high level.  I'm still studying though.

kaitlinmarie

• New to Town
  • I'm too reliable for my own good. That's why I SM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2007, 11:08 am »
Hey all.

I'm Kait and I'm a Freshman Theater Major with an English Minor and Women's Studies certificate at Ohio University in Athens, OH. I've been onstage since I was 5, and am hoping to be accepted into the acting program here. I got sucked/coaxed/dragged into SMing this year because our SM Program was so awful that, frankly, no one was in it. And some of the SMs who were doing shows weren't the greatest people to work with and our directors were more willing to train new SMs instead of working with the old ones. My fellow Freshman SMs and I have started to turn things around and directors want to work with us and we're encouraging other students to get involved.

This site has been a great resources to me, and it wouldn't be the caliber it is without the great Mods we have! Thanks!

04sdwall

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA membership candidate
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2007, 02:17 pm »
Well I guess this is the place where we are supposed to introduce ourselves.  I just joined SM Networks this weekend and I'm just sad I never found it before it is a great resource and I can only imagine the hours people must put in making sure these forums run smoothly.  My name is Sten, yes it is Sten that wasn't a typo, I'm a student at Lenoir-Rhyne College with a dying theatre department but I am sticking it out anyway.  However it has driven me to have to gain more experience outside of the classroom and I have been able to stage manage multiple shows at a regionally acclaimed community theatre and I have also gotten my feet wet with professional theatre as well.  I am in the very beautiful finger lakes area of NY as a stage management intern at a summerstock and somehow I will be assistant stage managing 6 productions in 12 weeks.  Sorry to ramble on.  I come from Minnesota and spent a summer in DC which was a blast.  I love to travel and meet new people so dont be shy!

zayit shachor

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
    • http://thankyouten.blogspot.com
« Reply #21 on: Aug 28, 2007, 01:29 pm »
I guess it's never too late to jump in and say hi. I'm Hannah and I go to Brandeis with Lisa a few posts up (we're actually ASMing together this semester).

Woohoo!

TheAlmightyAmy

• Tourist
    • View Profile
    • The Almighty Amy
« Reply #22 on: Sep 15, 2007, 01:11 am »
Hey! I'm Amy. I'm in my final at Lyon College, and this will be my second semester as Stage Manager. Now, I'm applying to grad schools. If you have any suggestions for grad schools, please let me know. I need all the help I can get!

SummerShakespeare

• New to Town
  • Good Googly Moogly!
    • View Profile
  • Experience: College/Graduate
hello from your moderator!
« Reply #23 on: Sep 15, 2007, 06:54 pm »
Hello! I am Summer and I am a Sophmore at Dixie State College in Little ole St. George Utah. I have been stage managing for 5 years and and just starting my 42 production as a Stage Manager!
All on the same G.O.

KateyBelle

• Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Oct 05, 2007, 12:40 pm »
Hi yall.  I'm Kate.  I'm in Louisiana.  I'm stage managing my first show this semester.  It was one written by one of the teachers at my college.  I'm a theatre major with a minor in history.

Darek

• New to Town
    • View Profile
hiya!
« Reply #25 on: Oct 22, 2007, 08:46 pm »
My name is Darek N. Lane and I am a second year grad student at Wayne State University in Detroit, MI, my emphasis being in Stage Management. I work as a PSM (ASM for tech only for 2 shows) at the Hilberry Theatre, a repertoy company that does 6 shows a year, 3 in rep at a time. I'm also the undergrad stage management mentor in the program, which has taught me more than I ever thought it could. I do about 2 shows a school year, go to classes, and am also working on the senior showcase, even though I'm not a senior yet. I'm originally from MI and once I graduate hope to get out of here. This state is messed up. Right now I'm working on The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged), mentoring an Undergrad doing Uncommon Women, mentoring an Undergrad doing Hatful of rain, ASMing The Lusty and Comical History of Tom Jones (now in tech), and ASMing Biloxi Blues (in rehearsal). Lots of balls in the air, but I love it.