Author Topic: Drinking Games  (Read 10386 times)

Jessie_K

• Superstar!
    • View Profile
    • International Stage Manager of Mystery
  • Affiliations: AEA, AGMA, SMA (on leave)
  • Current Gig: Queen of the Night
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Drinking Games
« Reply #15 on: Nov 26, 2006, 12:03 pm »

Now . . . the question is what to drink at the tech table.  For years, I have asked my LX crew to install a blender so just once in my career I can call a hold, and then have the sound of my blender making a pina colda be heard in the house. 

I would give money to be there for that.

On a side note, I have an excellent new blender perfect for frozen drinks.  It has a tap.  Though I prefer double margaritas over pina colada myself. (I tend to do a one to one ratio margarita mix to tequila, though not at the tech table of course.)

musicalssm

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Dec 12, 2006, 03:37 pm »
I should definitely keep these in mind.   They are a lot more universal than the show by show games I've come up with (like a drink everytime the name Jane is said in the musical Jane Eyre).

At some shows, I'd go for non-alcoholic daqueries and Nada-Coladas during the techs. 

I remember one show where I was a light board-op at a community theatre that serves champagne for every opening.  They had left overs, which meant the light designer and sound op were in the booth drinking every night for the rest of the run and I wasn't in a position to do anything about it. They didn't even bother to use it for a game. *shakes head*  I am so glad that has never been repeated.  I hate the smell of $2/bottle champagne.

smejs

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, AGMA, SMA, USITT
  • Current Gig: Freelance SM in Denver
  • Experience: Professional
« Reply #17 on: Dec 13, 2006, 12:33 am »
I hate the smell of $2/bottle champagne.

Not for while-at-work consumption, but I will say that a little Chambord (a berry liqueur) makes champagne - even the cheap stuff - taste a lot better.  Then it's called a Kir Royale.

Erin

riotous