Author Topic: Calendar Programs?  (Read 13372 times)

SMJon

• New to Town
    • View Profile
Re: Calendar Programs?
« Reply #15 on: Jun 17, 2006, 01:00 am »
I organize my life on Outlook and it does sync well with my Palm device but I prefer to hand out paper copies and have several paper copies rather than all electronic.  I post the calendars on my Virtual Callboard which is a yahoo group that allow cast, crew, and staff to be members in.  But I make sure every single person has a paper copy and I have enough to give them another copy.  Internet sometimes goes down, power goes out, people's computers can't access the internet and other problems happen frequently.  And the I get calls saying "My internet is down and I don't know when rehearsal is."  Paper copies are a great way to make sure everyone has a schedule in their hands at first rehearsal so that the responsibility for a missed rehearsal or call falls soley on the actor.  No excuses for down internet because you had a paper copy given to you first thing.  At least that is what I find works best.  Like I said, I do provide an online source for my calendar regardless of what format it is in, so that those computer savy actors can access, download and sync with their calendar programs easier.  I mean I use my Palm Pilot to take notes, write forms, and manage my life at rehearsals so if others want to I will certainly provide them with electronic versions.  But I always have one or two people who don't know anything besides on and off with a computer so paper it is. 

riotous