Author Topic: Attendance Software  (Read 7103 times)

ncosbcoc

• Tourist
    • View Profile
Attendance Software
« on: Oct 08, 2006, 08:01 pm »
I'm an ASM for a community theater, and one of our problems is keeping track of which cast members are at the rehearsals.  I wrote a computer program to make this job easier.  You can download it from newbielink:http://www.dramaticinnovations.com [nonactive].

philimbesi

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Attendance Software
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2006, 01:25 pm »
Just downloaded the trial version  I'll give it a shot. 
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2006, 05:48 pm by Mac Calder »

ncosbcoc

• Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2006, 05:43 pm »
Cool, let me know if you have any suggestions.  It works pretty well for us but I'm always looking for ways to improve it.

shatbox

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: IATSE
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2006, 05:48 pm »
A place to enter the call time and a time of arrival when people show up late.  A printable sign in sheet for actors would be cool. I'm sure your already working on these things anyway. My dream for any program would be Google Cal integration. I would develop my own software, but as you know it takes a lot of energy - and it almost always has to be written by someone who doesn't work as a SM, there is never any brain power to devote to anything other than the show.
Seek those with standards and meet them. Exceed them. Move forward. Set the standard.
iacosta@phillytheatreco.com

ncosbcoc

• Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2006, 06:26 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions.  There's already a printable sign-in sheet (click the print icon and then "Attendance Form") but I'd like to add the sign-in times and a calendar eventually.  I'm not doing any shows right now, so hopefully I'll have some time to work on that stuff!

dwj0772

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Experience: Community Theatre
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2006, 08:32 am »
One addition that would be nice would be a field to put an attendee's title - SM, Director, an actors character name, etc. that will show up on the members list, and not just in the remarks section.

Entire thread has been edited to remove OT'ness, appologies for not getting to it sooner. Mac.
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2006, 05:49 pm by Mac Calder »

shatbox

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: IATSE
« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2006, 09:15 pm »
Its cool that you are continuing to develop the program. It makes me feel better about buying a copy. I hate nothing more than a post about a program, then they close up shop and run. Keep working on it. There is an untapped market.
Seek those with standards and meet them. Exceed them. Move forward. Set the standard.
iacosta@phillytheatreco.com