Author Topic: Apples from the Desert  (Read 2369 times)

bex

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Affiliations: AEA, Auburn University
  • Current Gig: Freelance SM/ASM
  • Experience: Professional
Apples from the Desert
« on: Dec 20, 2012, 12:57 pm »
Apples from the Desert opened at Theater J this week, and runs through January 6!

http://washingtondcjcc.org/center-for-arts/theater-j/on-stage/12-13-season/apples-from-the-desert/

Written by Savyon Liebrecht, one of Israel's most popular authors, and a part of Theater J's Voices From a Changing Middle East Festival, this is the first full production of this play in America.

I have really enjoyed working on this show (despite sand onstage and lots of food props), and it was an amazing experience working with a director who took notes in Hebrew and consulted the original Hebrew script whenever an actor had a question about a line.  Plus the set is pretty cool- as the DC Broadway World review said, we got applause for the big scene change on opening, so that's always nice!

I highly recommend it, especially if you need a change of pace from your Christmas Carol/Nutcracker/Santaland blues!
You will have to sing for your supper & your mortgage, your dental coverage & your children's shoes, over & over again while people in desk jobs roll their eyes the minute you start to complain. So it's a good thing you like to sing.

Bwoodbury

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
    • bridgetwoodbury.com
  • Affiliations: AEA, AGMA
  • Current Gig: Freelance SM
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Apples from the Desert
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2012, 05:25 pm »
I'm trying to work out comps from Jess! I can't wait to see it.

Maribeth

• Superstar!
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: Apples from the Desert
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2012, 10:27 pm »
Love your cast. :) Have a good run!

riotous