Author Topic: Non-Union ASM for OnSite Opera  (Read 5541 times)

Melissitchka

• New to Town
    • View Profile
    • brokeGIRLrich
  • Affiliations: SMA
  • Current Gig: SM/LD
  • Experience: Professional
Non-Union ASM for OnSite Opera
« on: Apr 08, 2016, 09:54 am »
Hi there awesome community of SMs,

I'm looking for an ASM to join our stage management team for an English production of The Marriage of Figaro with OnSite Opera in New York City from May 31 through June 17 (with very unlikely, but still possible, extension to the 24th): http://onsiteopera.com

OnSite Opera is an experimental opera company that takes classic operas and performs them in site specific areas. This performance will be at 632 on Hudson.

The stipend for the entire period is $700 and I can be a little flexible with dates during rehearsal, although tech week and the show run are required attendance.

Responsibilities include: prepping rehearsal room for rehearsal, overseeing props, wrangling singers, assisting with blocking, loading in and out the show, and possibly overseeing entire rooms on your own during the performance.

Ideal candidate is patient, calm under pressure, reads music and has previous stage management experience. Opera and/or site specific performance experience a plus.

This should be a really fun project and you'll get to work with a lot of really talented people from the opera world among the cast and creative team.

Please respond with a resume and cover letter before 4/15/16 to Melissa at figaropsm@gmail.com - I'm a lot more likely to respond to you through there than a PM through the boards here.
Cruise Ship Livin' Perk: A Whole Lot of Travel Stories - http://worldsherpa.wordpress.com/

BayAreaSM

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
    • Bay Area SM
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Current Gig: VP, Operations in AV Events
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Non-Union ASM for OnSite Opera
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2016, 01:18 am »
Reposted your job in Stage Management Jobs in Opera on Facebook.

riotous