Author Topic: Newbie to SMNetwork!  (Read 3248 times)

MSlater

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Experience: Professional
Newbie to SMNetwork!
« on: Oct 11, 2013, 02:19 am »
Hello Fellow SMs!

I just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully make a couple of connections with some of you in person. I am a non-Equity Stage Manager with experience in Theatre, Dance and Circus/Variety. I have mostly worked in SF Bay Area and US/Canadian Tours. I am moving to Chicago in about a week, drawn by a more vibrant Theatre/Entertainment scene out there and cheaper rent. I know one of two people in the city's industry and I'm hoping to meet more cool Theatre people. I am also looking for connection for employment so if you are in the area or know people in the area that might need a experienced stage manager with a sense of humor, please let me know! I would love to meet as many of you as possible!

ReyYaySM

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Current Gig: Freelance
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Newbie to SMNetwork!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2013, 03:10 pm »
Hello and welcome to SMNetwork!  Head over to the USA: Midwest/Chicago board under Regional to find info specific to the Chicago area.  Hope all goes well with your move and that you find the forum to be a useful resource.

Maribeth

• Superstar!
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: Newbie to SMNetwork!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2013, 01:42 pm »
Welcome to the boards! I hope you'll post about your experiences in dance and circus in SM: Other- there are always folks looking for information on those mediums.